News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

When the church comes knocking...

Started by TinkerBelle, November 29, 2010, 04:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Sounds... Harry. :P

And my Volkswagen Rust has no heat. Life is so... Burdensome  :pop: )

Even to Swedes and Danes this conversation would be confusing.
The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Cecilie"Even to Swedes and Danes this conversation would be confusing.
The Danes, maybe... Swedes... I don't know  :yay:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

legs laney

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "legs laney"the fact that your room mate has already talked to them and let them in has made your situation even more bleak.
it will take a lot to get them off your back.

Are they like vampires?

could be.  
well, it at least felt very draining talking to them.  more draining of your brain than your blood though. maybe they're zombies?
they do a lot of talking in circles with their ready-made answers and most of the time my main stragegy was keeping them on-point with the question at hand, not some biblical passage they would have like me to go to in an inept attempt to re-direct the conversation.  maybe this could be the start of a new thread?
you know, the vampire/zombie question...

i let them in a couple of times a few years ago and had a couple of lengthy discussions with them (first they came alone and then on their next trip they brought another guy with them to answer my more difficult? questions) every six months or so they show up on my doorstep like clockwork even though i told them i would never consider joining their religion.   last year they caught me while i was putting up christmas lights and asked if i needed some help.  it was pretty cold out so i handed them the lights, went inside, and thanked them for their help right before i had to leave to bring my kid to some thing he supposedly had to go to.  the next time they came i told them i had to get the house cleaned before my hubby got home and they offered to help with that, too; but even i felt bad about taking advantage of two young boys making them mopping the floor and doing the laundry for me. if they came today i'd probably accept their help though, feeling a little on the lazy side... watching christmas movies and don't really want to do anything else.   :P
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
- Autobio