News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

I am listening to edguy - headless game
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

curiosityandthecat

[youtube:19rjyoxz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otx49Ko3fxw[/youtube:19rjyoxz]

Gorgeous song, even if it is about a pedophile serial killer (or was he a mass murderer? I can never keep them straight).
-Curio

curiosityandthecat

Never drink, watch a low-intensity thunderstorm and listen to Nick Drake. The melancholy is almost too much to handle.  :(
-Curio

McQ

Listening to Anne Akiko Meyers (Violinist, and babe-a-licious). Her new CD, Smile.

http://www.anneakikomeyers.com/html/disc-smile.html

This is such a naughty photo. I love it!  :D

BTW, I never knew that Charlie Chaplin actually wrote Smile. I knew it was associated with him, but had no idea he wrote it. What a guy!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Cemetery

"Mellon Collie and..." by Smashing Pumpkins   :D

templeboy

"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God.' The Wise Man says it to the world."- Troy Witte

PipeBox

Got a shuffle going on a small chunk of the BSG soundtracks.  Passacaglia and the Shape of Things to Come from season 1, Allegro from season 2, and Violence and Variations from season 3.  It's one of several "I'm on the net reading stuff" playlists, with just enough variance to keep it fresh (for maybe an hour at a time), but enough similarity to feel like I'm just listening to different movements of one very well-written piece.  I admit it's a bit much for browsing the net, and it definitely doesn't mesh with facebook and lolcats, but for my travels, it is sufficing nicely.  That aside, I've never been quite normal when it came to music.   ;)

Here's the gist of it, though this is actually Passacaglia and the Shape of Things to Come in one.  Anyone who's seen BSG ought to have had a hard time forgetting this piece.

[youtube:1tevpjk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYPYq9D_No[/youtube:1tevpjk8]
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Dretlin

Artist - Song

Or anything you happen to hear.

-------

The Doors - People are strange.

dogsmycopilot

Katy Perry I kissed a girl and Pink So what.

theblasphemousbear

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Haddaway - What is Love
Psychadelic Furs - Pretty in Pink

I don't know what this says about me.
"Close to 2,000 years ago, a guy called Jesus claimed to be the son of God and preformed 'miracles.' We worshiped him. Close to twenty years ago, a guy named David did the same thing in Waco, Texas. We killed him. Now, I understand that our standards had changed by the second guy; what I don't understand is why we still worship the first guy."[/

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

kelltrill

Macy Gray - My Nutmeg Phantacy
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

mama_ape

Mariners playin' the Athletics
So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

elliebean

Murrary Head - One Night in Bangkok

Adam and the Ants - Strip

Not my usual playlist, but....ok :P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Dretlin

Xiang Sihua - The Lofty Mountain and Running Water.

(I am deeply distrusting of this translation...)