News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Dr. Jeffrey Long's two cents on consciousness surviving death:

Started by manga, April 26, 2017, 11:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga

Dr Long has the largest database of 1600 NDEs, and he claims that all of the OBEs he has tested yield 97.5% accuracy. One example is a man who had cardiac arrest, was able to see a nurse clean his mouth with specifically a pink cloth, he was able to identify which doctor out of 3 was shining a light in his eyes, and he saw a nervous looking woman staring from behind curtains at the procedure. He was able to identify the woman was blonde, and that was all true. Dr. Long also states that only 1 in 1000 report any awareness during anesthesia. How then, did he have 20 out of 200 cases where people under anesthesia were able to have OBEs? Dr. Penny Sartori, another researcher and medical doctor, says that she has had cases of hallucinations which are fragmented, and they are confusing, while NDErs and OBErs have clearer than normal perceptions and visions. According to Dr. Long, 76% of experiencers claimed that they had more vivid visions than real life.
Does this prove the afterlife?

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: manga on April 26, 2017, 11:31:07 PM
Does this prove the afterlife?

Yes. It is definitive proof. No need to post anything else. Ever. Again.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

But seriously, if the idea of the supernatural makes you happy, you go ahead with it.  I just want you to be happy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Truly something we can debate.

Pro (Archies Argument)
Put a sock on each foot first then the shoes.

Con (Meatheads Argument)
Take care of one foot at a time, so sock and shoe on one foot, followed by sock and shoe on the other foot.

I gotta go with the Meathead here, his argument about if there is a fire and it is raining is really a valid one.

Discuss.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 27, 2017, 02:35:17 AM

Truly something we can debate.

Pro (Archies Argument)
Put a sock on each foot first then the shoes.

Con (Meatheads Argument)
Take care of one foot at a time, so sock and shoe on one foot, followed by sock and shoe on the other foot.

I gotta go with the Meathead here, his argument about if there is a fire and it is raining is really a valid one.

Discuss.

I'm team sock and a sock and then shoe and a shoe. There isn't much to discuss, it's just the way the FSM wills it.

Besides, if it's chilly (like it is right now) then putting on a sock and then a sock followed by a shoe and a shoe will lessen the unpleasant feeling. If it's hot...well then tough!

xSilverPhinx

Manga, everybody knows that the only way you're going to convince an atheist that there is an afterlife is if there is the promise of decent spiritual shampoo.

You see, we believe that being well-groomed is indicative of the FSM's favour in the afterlife. Clean hair means purity, and purity begets a can of sauce spilt onto one's head. It is the highest honour. It is known.

manga

to everyone on here, I fear afterlife, and I hope it is not true, so I am asking in the hopes that I will no longer believe it

Sandra Craft

Quote from: manga on April 27, 2017, 04:01:27 AM
to everyone on here, I fear afterlife, and I hope it is not true, so I am asking in the hopes that I will no longer believe it

Why not join our book club then?  The book we're reading for May should be particularly useful for this.  Tom62 even provided a link for a free copy: The Demon-Haunted World.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

manga

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

I don't even know how to read and I'm in it! I'm not even typing this, I dictate my thoughts to a secretary and then  I ride air force one into the sun.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱