News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

Quote from: "Businessocks"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Haha, it's 15°C (59°F) where I live.
*shiver* That's a bit chilly!  I LOVE the hot weather!
It is, but I don't mind it really.
The world's what you create.

NothingSacred

:love:  I have a husband who is a massive fan of snuggling and I am quite cheesy.
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices -William James
Anything worth knowing is difficult to learn- Greek Proverb
what if god ain't looking down what if he's looking up instead-Ani difranco "what if no one's watching

Tank

Quote from: "NothingSacred":love:  I have a husband who is a massive fan of snuggling and I am quite cheesy.
:D  Not quite sure how that combination works? But if it works for you!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Atlantis

They have a 60's music channel on satellite radio. :yay:
"For even if the whole world believed in resurrection, little would change until we began to practice it. We can believe in CPR, but people will remain dead until someone breathes new life into them. And we can tell the world that there is life after death, but the world really seems to be wondering if there is life before death."
Shane Claibor

Amnesiac2389

Everything in my life is going pretty good. My boyfriend and I are planning on moving in soon, college is going well, my 21st birthday is in a month, and I'm going to Italy next May (can't wait!).

Tank

Quote from: "Amnesiac2389"Everything in my life is going pretty good. My boyfriend and I are planning on moving in soon, college is going well, my 21st birthday is in a month, and I'm going to Italy next May (can't wait!).
:yay:  :yay:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Amnesiac2389"Everything in my life is going pretty good. My boyfriend and I are planning on moving in soon, college is going well, my 21st birthday is in a month, and I'm going to Italy next May (can't wait!).

You lucky minx!  I would trade my fiancé for a trip to Italy.  Seriously.  PM me if interested.   :eek:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

GAYtheist

Watermelon on a hot day...nuffsed
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

pinkocommie

Quote from: "GAYtheist"Watermelon on a hot day...nuffsed

I was totally going to post the same thing!  Spooky!!   :borg2:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

GAYtheist

Quote from: "pinkocommie"
Quote from: "GAYtheist"Watermelon on a hot day...nuffsed

I was totally going to post the same thing!  Spooky!!   :borg2:
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Tank

Fresh cherries straight off the tree when I walk the dogs. They lick the pips I spit out.

Tank

When I first joined on May 6th this place was interesting, but very quiet, I started out on a little quest, to liven the place up by asking lots of questions and keeping threads going as a Happy Atheist Forum is a good idea. When I first joined I would be lucky to find a hand full of new posts in the morning. Today I had twenty threads that I had looked at with additional posts. I started a thread and had 6 new threads to read as well!  :D

KDbeads

This week I have put away foods for the winter (ha, winter in TX, funny) from my own garden, fellow farmers and an orchard of a quilting friend.  The peach tree is starting to drop so there will be more food put away.

So in the event that we stay broke we will be able to eat!  In the event that hubby lands a real job, we can save money on food and put it towards paying off bills or fixing the house.  AND it's all crap free, no artificial nothings.

Now all I need is a pressure canner for the green beans and peas and potatoes and soup and chicken.........  :yay:

wait.... and I need a pickle crock for sauerkraut and fermented pickles........  though for now I'm going to use a paint bucket, a CLEAN paint bucket.  How's that for ingenuous?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

sleep_in_on_sunday

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Congrats to your daughter. Will this be your first grandchild?
Yep! It's due on 3rd December, I'll be 51 on the 1st December so there is the possibility it will be born on my birthday which would be rather nice.

It would be even better if she were born a few days after....that way you can re-gift.  I hope he/she likes ties, golf clubs, and gift certificates to the home depot.
Eyes off my sig weirdo.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Tank"When I first joined on May 6th this place was interesting, but very quiet, I started out on a little quest, to liven the place up by asking lots of questions and keeping threads going as a Happy Atheist Forum is a good idea. When I first joined I would be lucky to find a hand full of new posts in the morning. Today I had twenty threads that I had looked at with additional posts. I started a thread and had 6 new threads to read as well!  :D

I really like this place.  It's active without being overbearing, and none of the "size-matters" issues that clog many other atheist pages.  It was very easy to feel comfortable here.
Illegitimi non carborundum.