News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Uber is surely Traffic God's gift to humankind.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Just got to play first responder to a car accident right in my front yard. Thankfully no one was hurt too bad, but the girl who got hit was panicking pretty bad when I got to her car.

But apparently I'm a dick because I told my boyfriend to get out of my way in a rush to grab my shoes.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

But of course you are. Don't you know he's supposed to rush out and lift the cars off of trapped victims in an adrenaline fuelled act of heroism?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I mean, looking back now that the adrenaline has worn off I was really aggressive in the way I told him to move, bu for once I refused to apologize. There was literally someone stuck in her car in our front lawn and I needed to help. It turned into a huge fight and I feel bad about getting so heated over something small but it was really upsetting.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Buddy on April 24, 2019, 02:06:40 AM
I mean, looking back now that the adrenaline has worn off I was really aggressive in the way I told him to move, bu for once I refused to apologize. There was literally someone stuck in her car in our front lawn and I needed to help. It turned into a huge fight and I feel bad about getting so heated over something small but it was really upsetting.

You saw something that you considered life-threatening and reacted to it. Good for you, reacting in a positive manner to a perceived emergency. I can't tell you how many times I've seen something go to shit, where people just stood there wide-eyed saying, "Loooook!" while I'm trying to get by them to stop a further catastrophe. You'll make a good mom! My wife gets all kinds of "in your face" when people pull shit on my kids. Well, "got". Our youngest will be 30 this year. Something to consider for your future together.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on April 24, 2019, 12:00:19 AM
Just got to play first responder to a car accident right in my front yard. Thankfully no one was hurt too bad, but the girl who got hit was panicking pretty bad when I got to her car.

But apparently I'm a dick because I told my boyfriend to get out of my way in a rush to grab my shoes.

Your young man seems to need a little bit of instruction in partner respect.  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on April 24, 2019, 02:06:40 AM

Don't sweat it. Learn the lessons and move on.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Since I can't do a whole lot right now I decided to stretch for half an hour straight. I don't feel bad having done it but man, oh man, did it wear me out.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bad Penny II

I got a new computer case because, because, um err, it was a bargain and anyway my old case didn't have any usb3 ports on the front.  I don't think it's really my type of case, it doesn't have anywhere to put a dvd drive :???:
Glass sides with my easy going approach to cable management.  :-\

This is somebody else's setup.

I don't have any of that wizard's lab type stuff but it looked empty.
So this is my set up.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 25, 2019, 11:11:23 AM
Does the doggy byte?

Depends on mood, there was a delivery guy last week he only bit four times.

I'm thinking he's probably blocking the wind flow, I think I'll do something with Lego.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 25, 2019, 09:56:07 AM
I got a new computer case because, because, um err, it was a bargain and anyway my old case didn't have any usb3 ports on the front.  I don't think it's really my type of case, it doesn't have anywhere to put a dvd drive :???:
Glass sides with my easy going approach to cable management.  :-\

This is somebody else's setup.

Whoa! That looks like it should go to the plumber rather than the IT technician when it breaks!  :o

I don't have any of that wizard's lab type stuff but it looked empty.
So this is my set up.

:lol: Very Pennyesque!

xSilverPhinx