News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Dave made a lasting impression on many of us.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

I like the place where I live.  It is Lakeland Florida. Named appropriately because we have a lot of lakes inside the city limits.  lot more lakes in the immediate vicinity. Take a tour with this vid...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y50Hjd4wOds  Any HAFer who visits will be my honored guest.

I would be pleased to learn of the places where our other members live. Please post your videos of you own locations if available.

No one

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 08, 2019, 02:52:21 AM
Dave was a great guy.  I raise a glass in his honor and memory.

Quote from: Icarus on December 08, 2019, 02:35:56 AM
Well said Mags.  Dave had some wisdom to leave us with.

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 08, 2019, 03:11:27 AM
Dave made a lasting impression on many of us.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

billy rubin

Quote from: No one on December 08, 2019, 04:40:44 AM

Third stone from the sun.

that image makez the  earth appear spherical. are you sure its source is reliable?

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

Dark Lightning

Dave's not here, man.  :( It was funny when Cheech and Chong did it.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

Very pretty. Makes me want to take a trip to the gulf coast

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

here we go. i have a video of where i live. trouble is lots of the interesting things where i live all happen at night. but this is through my bedroom window this summer

No one

Through the bedroom window, huh? Nice try. I am not falling for that.

billy rubin

Icarus

Quote from: Buddy on December 09, 2019, 04:36:38 PM
Very pretty. Makes me want to take a trip to the gulf coast

Buddy my city is not on the Gulf coast. It is inland about 45 minutes from the Disney, Universal Studios, and other tourist attractions.....or magnificent rip  offs as the case may be.  About 25 minutes from Legoland, 40 minutes from Busch Gardens.  If that kind of stuff is your bag then Lakeland is the central starting point for such things. Alternatively the B bar ranch and many other nature trails and parks are nearby. B bar ranch borders Lake Hancock that has thousands of alligators. Surely you'd be impressed.  The weather is usually pretty hot in the summer months but is most pleasant in the fall and most of the winter....Temps in the high sixties and  low 70s mostly. We have a civic center who attracts many Broadway attractions and not far away is the Ringling Museum of art, the Florida Symphony orchestra, is nearby and the Imperial symphony is here in Lakeland.  Of course there are many venues for young (crazy) people who dig rock. There is a alternative community of LGBT people who are pretty cool. as well. 

If you are ever inclined to take a vacation to the Peninsula state, you can be my house guest. ( If you think that the cute little Mini can make it that far .. About 980 miles from Indianapolis)..My weird, single mother, Grand Daughter had a Mini that she loved, until she figured out that it was not the most appropriate vehicle to transport her infant son) 

Damn!  I sound like the Chamber of Commerce ..............Not my intention.

Not to be selective here, I would welcome any of my other HAF friends.  Hey, we are all in this together are we not?

Dark Lightning

I was working at Cape Canaveral in '01 and my family came out to visit during spring break. We went to Gatorland, which turned out to be a lot less kitschy than I thought it would be. We enjoyed it! How far are you from there?

Not trying to triangulate your location, BTW.