Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on June 30, 2019, 03:05:32 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 27, 2019, 01:11:09 AM
My neck screwed up again on Saturday and I finally bit the bullet and bought a traction balloon. Relieving the pressure really seems to help. I pinched myself and was able to feel it for the first time in eleven months.

:o Duuude. Numbness is the worst thing that can happen! Pain is better. If you can't feel it, things can be injured and/or atrophy and you won't even know it. It's nice to see that you have the feeling back. :nod:

Indeed. I've been doing a total of about thirty minutes of traction a day and the difference is amazing. Using my left arm was an act of will for a long time. Now I can see how weak it has become.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 30, 2019, 03:05:46 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 30, 2019, 02:20:00 AM
You will not make it to the end...

You're right, I don't have that much energy. :grin:

But did you at least try?

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Long story short. Too much caffeine this morning. Hyper!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Have a Benadryl. It'll take the pep right out of your step.

Tank

Afternoon here now. Time has taken the buzz off :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Firebird

Hey everyone, kinda been lurking for the past few days. Known its been a while, I barely have any free time between work and parenting, so it seemed like a perfect time to start a new hobby too (playing guitar, I'm terrible but it's fun). Also, after 2.5 years of being a parent to a cute little wiseass, I've realized a couple of things:
- I love being a parent
- It's fucking hard, and I would never think less of anyone who chooses not to do it. Even just one kid takes up our entire lives.

So with that in mind, I'm happy to announce we're having another girl in September.
Anyways, hope you're all well, sorry to hear about your neck jumbojak. Maybe I'll be back soon, maybe not for another year or two, but I do miss you all and I'll still be lurking occasionally. And I'm sure I'll need some help navigating how to raise secular kids in this country over the next few years.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on July 03, 2019, 05:02:15 AM
Hey everyone, kinda been lurking for the past few days. Known its been a while, I barely have any free time between work and parenting, so it seemed like a perfect time to start a new hobby too (playing guitar, I'm terrible but it's fun). Also, after 2.5 years of being a parent to a cute little wiseass, I've realized a couple of things:
- I love being a parent
- It's fucking hard, and I would never think less of anyone who chooses not to do it. Even just one kid takes up our entire lives.

So with that in mind, I'm happy to announce we're having another girl in September.
Anyways, hope you're all well, sorry to hear about your neck jumbojak. Maybe I'll be back soon, maybe not for another year or two, but I do miss you all and I'll still be lurking occasionally. And I'm sure I'll need some help navigating how to raise secular kids in this country over the next few years.
Another girl!?
Congratulations.  :frolic:
Good to know you're still alive and kicking.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

- I love being a parent

Thanks for dropping by  :love:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 30, 2019, 03:57:20 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 30, 2019, 03:05:46 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 30, 2019, 02:20:00 AM
You will not make it to the end...

You're right, I don't have that much energy. :grin:

But did you at least try?

I tried for the first minute. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

- I love being a parent

:computerwave: Hey Firebird! Congrats!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

- I love being a parent

Congratulations!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

- I love being a parent

So, now you'll need twice the time you spent before? I think you'll have to press the older one into service taking care of the little one...

Icarus

God to see you again FB.  Best of luck with the parenting thing.  It is not easy and it increases the  obligation to be a responsible person,  but it does have its rewards.

Firebird

Quote from: jumbojak on July 03, 2019, 11:02:32 PM
So, now you'll need twice the time you spent before? I think you'll have to press the older one into service taking care of the little one...

Funny, that was my boss's recommendation too.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Also, after 2.5 years of being a parent to a cute little wiseass, I've realized a couple of things:
- I love being a parent

Wow! Time flies!
Remember this?

Quote from: Firebird on November 20, 2016, 04:08:54 AM
Hi friends! I finally feel like I can come up for air again, breathe, and look around a bit. The election threw me for a spin, but if there's anything that can save this year from sucking, it's my little girl. She was born a month ago Thursday and is doing great. Here's a few pics, as promised:

:tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant