News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on June 01, 2019, 05:22:33 AM
Had to get a new phone today. Not happy to unexpectedly shell out the cash but it is nice having a phone that just works.

What kind of phone did you get?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Google Pixel 3. It's alright so far.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Flossing your teeth is hard. I had never tried before tonight. The dog was looking at me like I had lost my mind.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on June 03, 2019, 03:11:24 AM
Flossing your teeth is hard. I had never tried before tonight. The dog was looking at me like I had lost my mind.

Flossing at least once a day is a very important life habit, because it can prevent gum disease. Gum problems are one of the most common and very serious diseases that many people are totally unaware of. One of the consequences of poor oral maintenance is heart disease, which is why I called called poor gum hygiene a very serious issue. This is apart from the danger of tooth loss caused by bone infection below the gum line. Watch some YouTube videos on the correct technique to use to floss. I can recommend two more things to do: get yourself a good electric toothbrush like the Braun, and also see an oral hygienist twice a year for a professional teeth cleaning job. Also, use a very good toothpaste like Oral-B Professional. I am not being a  drama queen; good oral hygiene is really extremely important.

Since my hip replacement a year ago I've had two cleanings and, as recommend by my surgeon and my periodontist, I now have to take an antibiotic before every cleaning session for the rest of my life. There is a danger that the dislodged bacteria enter the bloodstream and infect the hip implant.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

I spent Friday at a wedding as the 'unofficial' photographer which meant I went around doing the informal stuff. 1,200 photos at 16.5gb. Lots of good stuff though. Had a great time. :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

It isn't hard, just boring. Soon you'll floss like a ninja.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2019, 09:40:09 AM
I spent Friday at a wedding as the 'unofficial' photographer which meant I went around doing the informal stuff. 1,200 photos at 16.5gb. Lots of good stuff though. Had a great time. :)

Sounds like fun...are you sure you weren't a photographer in a past life? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 03, 2019, 09:56:10 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2019, 09:40:09 AM

Sounds like fun...are you sure you weren't a photographer in a past life? :grin:

I may well have been :D

jumbojak

I just found out that my dog is very I'll. This is bad, very bad.

Bluenose

Quote from: jumbojak on June 04, 2019, 01:07:20 AM
I just found out that my dog is very I'll. This is bad, very bad.

Very sorry to hear that JJ.  Not a fun time in any way whatsoever.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

He's okay. I think he just bumped his hip and went wobbly because of it. Greeted me at the door like usual. Not as fast as in years past but very enthusiastic. I gave him some aspirin in a joint supplement chew. Will keep a close eye though.

Icarus

Take care of your best friend JJ.  I am confident that you will do that.  People are fickle, but dogs are proven to be  in for the long haul....no matter what.

jumbojak

I do the best I can. That may not be much but I give it my all.

Bad Penny II

$20 thats $14 US

I could do something with it
But we probably wouldn't
Ye probley
Take my advice, don't listen to me.