News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

woohoo for book burning!

Started by Sheeplauncher, October 16, 2009, 02:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultima22689

Quote from: "LoneMateria"
Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"I don't know if thats true.  You got to think of the vastness of space in just our galaxy.  We don't know how rare intelligent life is.  If its a 1 in a billion shot then there are only a few hundred races in our galaxy and there is no guarantee any of them survive to this day or even made it into space.  Who knows our galaxy could be like the show V where the head alien says they thought they were the only other intelligent life in the galaxy.  Its a big galaxy and its a big universe and we are on a planet circling a 3rd rate star on the outskirts of the galaxy.

I don't we would impress a species/society that mastered interstellar travel.

You don't what?  How would we impress a society that has mastered interstellar travel?

Unless instead of don't you meant doubt.  In which case i'd agree and they would ignore us even if they found us.  However we are just speculating here.  I'd say its more likely given that we live on a small planet circling an unimpressive star near the edge of our galaxy  that we haven't been found.  I can imagine how difficult it would be to find us regardless of technology.  We around one star of billions.

Well if they did find us, it's not necessarily true they would ignore us, it's possible they would be interested if they are anything like humans when it comes to curiosity, humans would LOVE to meet another species, I would imagine a species that is doing interstellar travel would at least be interested in our species to some degree, especially in the next fifty years or so.

LoneMateria

perhaps from a history standpoint.  Technological probably not.  Art ... who knows.  Then again who knows what is unique to humans that doesn't exist throughout or galaxy.  Its hard to put yourself in the shoes (so to speak) of something who you know nothing about and possibly can't sympathize with.

Well if they did find us, it's not necessarily true they would ignore us, it's possible they would be interested if they are anything like humans when it comes to curiosity, humans would LOVE to meet another species, I would imagine a species that is doing interstellar travel would at least be interested in our species to some degree, especially in the next fifty years or so.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Ninteen45

Now I can be re-gognizod!

Big Mac

Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Ultima22689

Did you begin posting after drinking again? You're going to get yourself banned saying ignorant crap like that.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Big Mac"That's it? Your trolling is weak, queer. You smoke penises, fag.

Yeah after seeing a post in another thread its safe to assume some substance is responsible for this.  Big Mac is usually nice and respectful whether or not we agree on the subject.  Anyway I take this as a win.  His response (even though it was probably alcohol induced) basically says, "Lone's logical argument makes perfect sense but I don't want to change my mind so i'm going to call him names .... that'll teach him to disagree with me."  Anyway i'm not taking any offense to this whatsoever even if this wasn't an act caused by an impaired judgement state.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl