News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

"You have nothing to believe in? How sad..."

Started by Sweetdeath, July 04, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 05, 2012, 01:36:44 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 04, 2012, 11:50:53 PM
Quote from: Firebird on July 04, 2012, 11:24:27 PM
I think you handled that very well. Forgive me for saying this, but I was expecting to read that you ripped him a new body cavity  ;) He would have deserved it, but you were very effective with your measured response while sticking to your guns.

I didn't feel the need to argue. I just wanted to be honest in how i feel about life. At least living MY life. :D

That's a perfect response, I couldn't have done better myself. Well done for keeping your cool.

Why thank ya, Tank :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 05, 2012, 04:58:41 AM
Quote from: Stevil on July 05, 2012, 01:51:08 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 05, 2012, 01:44:15 AM
hey guys, let's not pick on AD. I didn't even mention him at all in this thread  :P
I'm not saying anything bad about him, hopefully I'm being respectful.
I don't think you are ^^
I just feel weird speaking of people when they aren't around, I suppose.

Carry on~ *smokes bubble pipe*

I'm ok being used as a hypothetical situation...  ;)

Sweetdeath

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 04:07:08 PM
hey guys, let's not pick on AD. I didn't even mention him at all in this thread  :P
I don't think you are ^^

Aww~
Welcome back, AD.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

AnimatedDirt

En_Route

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 04:07:08 PM
I don't think you are ^^

You were selected on the basis that you were a theist you actually could have a conversation with, so it is an implied compliment.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: En_Route on July 05, 2012, 05:38:49 PM
You were selected on the basis that you were a theist you actually could have a conversation with, so it is an implied compliment.

Any compliment I can get from HAF is well earned/deserved.  ;)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 06:23:23 PM

You know AD, you ought to have some badge just for being one of the few theists to stick around long enough to reach almost 2000 posts. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 05, 2012, 08:46:15 PM
You know AD, you ought to have some badge just for being one of the few theists to stick around long enough to reach almost 2000 posts. ;D

If it was forced, I'd say maybe, yes.  But I genuinely like HAF and the people here.  It's not been very difficult at all so far.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 06:23:23 PM

I do enjoy conversations with AD.
I hope that doesn't sound odd.  :D

Amicale

Well done, SD. Nicely played. :)

I once had an acquaintance say something very similar to me - he said "you don't believe in God? Why don't you believe in something? Everyone should believe in something. That's what gives us hope."

I didn't really know what to say and didn't want to get into an argument, so what slipped out of my mouth was "you're right. I do believe something. I believe I'll have another coffee. That'll wake me up, and that gives me great hope. Excuse me please." and I made my exit, since I needed to go anyhow.  :P

When I can't manage serious as eloquently as you managed to, SD, I go for goofy or corny. Sigh.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on July 07, 2012, 02:10:38 AM
Well done, SD. Nicely played. :)

I once had an acquaintance say something very similar to me - he said "you don't believe in God? Why don't you believe in something? Everyone should believe in something. That's what gives us hope."

I didn't really know what to say and didn't want to get into an argument, so what slipped out of my mouth was "you're right. I do believe something. I believe I'll have another coffee. That'll wake me up, and that gives me great hope. Excuse me please." and I made my exit, since I needed to go anyhow.  :P

When I can't manage serious as eloquently as you managed to, SD, I go for goofy or corny. Sigh.

aw, thanks Amicale. :)

i think it's sad someone needs a deity to believe in for hope rather than the actions of other human beings.

OldGit

It's just so bloody *illogical*, the argument from wishful thinking.

It would be so bleak and horrid if there were no god.
I couldn't bear that.
Therefore god must exist.

It's an insult to human reason, and it drives me fucking MAAAAD!

Sweetdeath

Quote from: OldGit on July 11, 2012, 10:14:53 AM
It's just so bloody *illogical*, the argument from wishful thinking.

It would be so bleak and horrid if there were no god.
I couldn't bear that.
Therefore god must exist.

It's an insult to human reason, and it drives me fucking MAAAAD!

I like helping old pepple btw :)
So if you ever need help crossing the street~

OldGit

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 11, 2012, 10:52:36 PM
So if you ever need help crossing the street~
...Or locating your fake teesh on the bus  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.