News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Solution to Northern Ireland?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 22, 2017, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 27, 2017, 09:26:07 PM
OK people. I get how me being less than truthful made you upset...but the respect level is really not where it should be.

Can't we all try to be a bit more nice and respectful toward each other?

Essentially respect is earned, not demanded. You decided to start here with a fake persona, and have some "fun" at our expense, even though some of us were willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

What exactly did you expect would happen? Wait, don't answer that, you don't answer most queries and replies anyway...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

OK people. I get how me being less than truthful made you upset...but the respect level is really not where it should be.

"Excuse me, 'Sister/Brother'...Please...Thank you."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

No, it certainly wasn't when you came in here not only lying repeatedly but preaching and trolling on an atheist forum with a "no preaching or trolling" rule.

QuoteCan't we all try to be a bit more nice and respectful toward each other?

As a show of good faith, you should start.  Go ahead, and let us know when you think you're actually doing that as I suspect we'll have to give you some guidance on it. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

I'm not sure what you mean by asking us to "be a bit more nice and respectful toward each other." What you are seeing is a group of people who have been together on this forum long enough to have built a community and understand each other. There is plenty of respect here, but we are not formal with each other. Respect does not require formality.

You came here seeking entry into this community. Not to become a part of it, but actively seeking to change it. If anyone is not showing respect, it is you.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on November 28, 2017, 02:36:53 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by asking us to "be a bit more nice and respectful toward each other." What you are seeing is a group of people who have been together on this forum long enough to have built a community and understand each other. There is plenty of respect here, but we are not formal with each other. Respect does not require formality.

You came here seeking entry into this community. Not to become a part of it, but actively seeking to change it. If anyone is not showing respect, it is you.

Velma...

Davin

Oh yeah, I'm just soooooooooooooooooooo, upset.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

You start and things could well change.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Shenanigans in the Brexit negotiations--it looks like the Conservative's government partners DUP ( ::)) have decided they'd rather have a hard border with Eire than agree to have any difference in regulations from the rest of the UK.

The report that UK negotiators told the DUP that the Irish government had somehow managed to prevent the negotiators from sharing UK/Europe agreement documents is interesting. What sort of leverage did Ireland supposedly use on the UK to achieve this?

It won't last forever, but it looks to me as if having DUP in the UK government is dealing serious harm to the idea of a united Ireland.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

It's an absolute cluster fuck of an omnishambles!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.