News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

My new blog: "In No Invisible Alien We (Atheists) Trust"

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, July 10, 2010, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

I used the descriptive term, INVISIBLE ALIEN, for the "God" character in a speech protesting the practice of invocation (government sponsored ritual prayer) at the Tampa City Council a few months ago and decided to push the notion a bit further with a new money stamp and my blog linked below ...

http://noinvisiblealien.blogspot.com/

BTW, the text of my speech is in the blog.

Sophus

was that you I saw on the local FOX News a few months ago?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Quote from: "Sophus"was that you I saw on the local FOX News a few months ago?

If the person claiming to be me looked great and spoke brilliantly, then, why yes of course, it was me; if not, then it was an imposter (common FOX tactic).

Here's a recent FOX news clip about our Atheists of Florida "ONE NATION INDIVISIBLE" billboards in Florida ...

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpps/news/m ... 10_8295076

deekayfry

QuoteVietnam veteran David Kissell thinks it's a disgrace to our country.

Quote"Our nation was formed under God and its principles and it's a shame we allow this to happen in our neighborhoods," Kissell told FOX 13.

A sore point for me indeed!
I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.-  Davey Crockett, 1834

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

pinkocommie

Quote from: "deekayfry"
QuoteVietnam veteran David Kissell thinks it's a disgrace to our country.

Quote"Our nation was formed under God and its principles and it's a shame we allow this to happen in our neighborhoods," Kissell told FOX 13.

I say they should be grateful they live in neighborhoods where something as non confrontational and ridiculous as a sign is getting news coverage for being something negative happening to that neighborhood.  My neighborhood has, you know, like criminals in it and stuff.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Sophus

Quote from: "VietnamVet-BRIGHT"If the person claiming to be me looked great and spoke brilliantly, then, why yes of course, it was me; if not, then it was an imposter (common FOX tactic).
Whoever it was they were representing Atheist of Flroida in the Tampa Bay area newsstation (if FOX News is a newsstation). He was defending a different billboard that read "Don't Believe in God? You're Not Alone..." and he spoke very softly and politely while the news anchor mercilessly tore into him. He really made an ass of himself. When the atheist said, "the first amendment calls for no religion in government" he responded, "our nation was founded by good church going men and I can gaurantee you one thing they never said 'no religion'."  :brick:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver