News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on November 04, 2019, 01:38:12 PM
Trump recently appointed one of his pet Greed-heads for Jesus™ to an official position within his administration. (Included in the first sentence of the article below is a link to the New York Times story. Advisory: Every visit to their site steps you closer to their paywall. Other links are to Friendly Atheist pages.)

"Why is Trump's 'Spiritual Adviser' Paula White Joining the Administration?" | Friendly Atheist

QuoteLast night, the New York Times reported that Paula White, the informal "spiritual adviser" to Donald Trump, had taken an official role within the administration.

QuoteMs. White will work in the Office of Public Liaison, the official said, which is the division of the White House overseeing outreach to groups and coalitions organizing key parts of the president's base. Her role will be to advise the administration's Faith and Opportunity Initiative, which Mr. Trump established last year by executive order and which aims to give religious groups more of a voice in government programs devoted to issues like defending religious liberty and fighting poverty.

For a Christian televangelist like White, that job description almost seems like a step down. At least in terms of visibility. Like most preachers who love the camera, taking a mostly behind-the-scenes role doing pretty much all the same things you were doing earlier doesn't strike me as something she was just itching to do. It's possible Trump just wanted to elevate her even more, just to remind white evangelicals that he'll do anything for them even as he hurts damn near every other group in the country.

Remember: Even without the actual title, White has spent the past few years saying some states believe the Bible is "hate speech," that she had blessed the White House with "the superior blood of Jesus," that church members should vote Republican, and that opposing the president means opposing God.

[Continues . . .]

Below is an example of her good works.

"Donald Trump's Spiritual Adviser Paula White Suggests People Send Her Their January Salary or Face Consequences from God" | Newsweek

QuoteDonald Trump's spiritual adviser has suggested that people send her money in order to transform their lives, or face divine consequences.

Paula White, who heads up the president's evangelical advisory committee, suggested making a donation to her ministries to honor the religious principle of "first fruit," which she said is the idea that all firsts belong to God, including the first harvest and, apparently, the first month of your salary.

"Right now I want you to click on that button, and I want you to honor God with his first fruits offering," she said in a video shared to her website, in which she encourages her followers to donate to her ministries to get blessings from God.

"If God doesn't divinely step in and intervene, I don't know what you're going to face—he does," she said.

[Continues . . .]

Yeppers. Spiritual adviser. No parallel to Hitler there. The crazy train rolls on...

Icarus

Several years ago a colossal megachurch emerged in my town.  The two Hustlers ministers who ran the church were Paula White and her husband.  Over time the godly union of the White pair disintegrated and they both moved on to separate hustles ministerial positions.

It is a mystery to many of us that certain people can motivate throngs to do shit that is not entirely beneficial to themselves.  Tithe for example.  The clever or talented, as the case may be, have the gift of persuasion and the ability to create silk purses from sows ears.  Here is a bit of insight into the nature of persuasion by using words that tend to create emotional response. Easy read................https://getpocket.com/explore/item/this-is-how-tiny-changes-in-words-you-hear-impacts-your-thinking?utm_source=pocket-newtab

billy rubin

it's because they're professionals.

remember marjoe?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

Impeached on two counts--corruption and obstructing the US Congress. The chance that removal from office will follow is practically nil.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Recusant on December 19, 2019, 02:23:03 AM
Impeached on two counts--corruption and obstructing the US Congress. The chance that removal from office will follow is practically nil.

Mr. Trump has been impeached. Now he will be acquitted by the Senate.  Yawn.

Dark Lightning

Too true, Bruce. Sad to say, the Rs are not going to take the high road. Well, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.  ::)

Magdalena

Who knows what will happen next, but today is a sad day. I will have some "grieving champagne..." Very sad.

Just a small glass.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

he wont be convicted. but if the democrats are skillful they ll make him look so bad andthe republican senators so unprincipled that they will swing over enough uncommitted independents to carry the 2020 election.

the election is what matters. we re looking at 1920s germany here in the states and im not  liking it much.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on December 19, 2019, 09:35:54 AM
he wont be convicted. but if the democrats are skillful they ll make him look so bad andthe republican senators so unprincipled that they will swing over enough uncommitted independents to carry the 2020 election.

the election is what matters. we re looking at 1920s germany here in the states and im not  liking it much.

The Weimar republic in the 1920's wasn't so bad. From 1923 till 1929 the German economy was growing and there was a consequent decrease in civil unrest. The 1920s also saw a remarkable cultural renaissance in Germany. Influenced by the brief cultural explosion in the Soviet Union, German literature, cinema, theater and musical works entered a phase of great creativity.

Now Germany in the 1930's is a completely different story. But I don't think that even that period of time can be compared with the current situation in the USA.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Inertialmass

I dunno.

Trump is kind of a joke but Pence seems creepy spooky and to add insult to injury genuinely religious.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on December 19, 2019, 11:27:52 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on December 19, 2019, 09:35:54 AM

The Weimar republic in the 1920's wasn't so bad. From 1923 till 1929 the German economy was growing and there was a consequent decrease in civil unrest. The 1920s also saw a remarkable cultural renaissance in Germany. Influenced by the brief cultural explosion in the Soviet Union, German literature, cinema, theater and musical works entered a phase of great creativity.

Now Germany in the 1930's is a completely different story. But I don't think that even that period of time can be compared with the current situation in the USA.

Also, Walter Gropius founded the Bauhaus in the Weimar Republic. Its influence lives on today.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: Inertialmass on December 19, 2019, 11:38:27 AM
I dunno.

Trump is kind of a joke but Pence seems creepy spooky and to add insult to injury genuinely religious.

I've got some mixed feelings about Trump (I don't like him, but don't really hate him either), but Pence is indeed a real creep and religious nutcase.
On the Democrats side, I find Joe Biden creepy as well. The way his son got this job in the Ukraine is also very, very dubious. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

Quote from: Tom62 on December 19, 2019, 11:27:52 AM

im looking strictly at the rise in authoritarianism, tom. before hitler was chancellor there was hitler the demagogue.

in the new republican party in america 2e re seeing the rise of a a minority ultraconservative , right wing .movement thats looking forthe establishment of power by sidestepping democratic processes. the republican party is defunding public education at all levels, working to disenfranchise opponents by sabotaging the voting process rather than winning on majorities, and workibg to stabilize a plutocracy atthe expense of a majority. the teaparty dismantli g of public institutions is just the wrecking ball they inherited.

in germany they had demagogues rise by focusing public hatred on race conflict, where good people, the real citizens, were being dragged back by the conniving inferior jews and other subaryans. i see the samething happenning now in america where people i know who have never seen an immigrant blame them for the economic disadvantages that are actually being imposed by minority eliteof who control enough of the government.

hitler had his brown shirts and trump saw good people among the nazis ar fharlottesville. the zeeds are always there, and trump is watering them.

Davin

While both parties are playing into the subversion tactics that Russia has been using for decades, the Republicans are more and more acting as an agent for them, whether wittingly or not.

This is an hour long video, but it is a very informative video describing the subversion tactics or Russia and why they work.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

well, here's a new low for the leader of the republican party. debbie dingell voted to impeach donald trump yesterday.

QuoteRepublicans are calling on President Donald Trump to apologize for a macabre quip about the late Democratic Rep. John Dingell at his rally in Michigan on Wednesday night, suggesting that Dingell was "looking up" from hell.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a top Trump ally, and two House Republicans from Michigan called for the never-penitent president to say he's sorry. "If he said that I think he should apologize," Graham told reporters Thursday morning. He said he hadn't seen the remarks, but "that would be a bad thing to say." "John Dingell is a fine, fine man," Graham said.

Dingell's widow, Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Mich., responded on Twitter, saying: "I'm preparing for the first holiday season without the man I love. You brought me down in a way you can never imagine."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-makes-hell-acious-crack-about-deceased-rep-john-dingell-n1104711