News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Urges

Started by Dave, October 13, 2017, 09:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

You're evil Dave. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

:grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I had some chocolate. Now I'm in the zen zone, nothing can budge me.  :levitate:

Not even Dave. :snooty:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 03, 2018, 07:06:33 PM
I had some chocolate. Now I'm in the zen zone, nothing can budge me.  :levitate:

Not even Dave. :snooty:

I'm there with you (literaly just finished another mug of hotchoc!)

Dragonia

This may be odd, but sometimes, like today, I get a very strong urge to drink Pepsi. I usually hate soda.... it's too sweet and makes me kind of sick to my stomach (and it's SO bad for you). But every once in a while I just want that cold bubbly sweetness on my tongue. But only a couple drinks, then the whole rest of the bottle or can is wasted. It's such a waste of money. But god, is it nice for those couple of drinks!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on April 03, 2018, 08:12:05 PM
This may be odd, but sometimes, like today, I get a very strong urge to drink Pepsi. I usually hate soda.... it's too sweet and makes me kind of sick to my stomach (and it's SO bad for you). But every once in a while I just want that cold bubbly sweetness on my tongue. But only a couple drinks, then the whole rest of the bottle or can is wasted. It's such a waste of money. But god, is it nice for those couple of drinks!

That first sizzling explosion of both bubbles and taste on your tongue . . .

Do you have "lemon sherbet" over there, a mixture of citric acid+baking soda+sugar+flavouring ground to a flour like powder that sizzles as it hits the damp surfaces in the mouth? We used to get it in a cardboard tube with a "straw" made from liquorice to suck it through.

Dragonia

Um, I don't think I've ever had that, but I would totally try it! It sounds lovely, kind of makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

jumbojak

I had an urge this week since I've been eating healthier. A burger, topped with shaved prime rib and popcorn shrimp in lieu of onion straws. For the side I wanted bacon man n' cheese with garlic fries to use as chopsticks. Dying of a heart attack doesn't sound so bad when the path to he'll is paved with such delicious goodness. But, I stuck to my plan and had a grilled chicken sandwich with brocollI. Starting to get tired of brocolli.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 04, 2018, 05:22:00 AM
I had an urge this week since I've been eating healthier. A burger, topped with shaved prime rib and popcorn shrimp in lieu of onion straws. For the side I wanted bacon man n' cheese with garlic fries to use as chopsticks. Dying of a heart attack doesn't sound so bad when the path to he'll is paved with such delicious goodness. But, I stuck to my plan and had a grilled chicken sandwich with brocollI. Starting to get tired of brocolli.

Have you tried...:notsure: cauliflower? :grin: :P

jumbojak

The problem with cauliflower is the enormous volume of melted cheese required to make it edible...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 05, 2018, 09:57:11 PM
The problem with cauliflower is the enormous volume of melted cheese required to make it edible...

Pfft...come on! :P It isn't so bad.

It just looks a little like styrofoam, doesn't mean it tastes like it too!

jumbojak

Let's just say that cauliflower, along with beets, are two of my least favorite vegetables. Hey, there's some good news... I have an excuse not to eat beets from now on!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 05, 2018, 10:54:59 PM
Let's just say that cauliflower, along with beets, are two of my least favorite vegetables. Hey, there's some good news... I have an excuse not to eat beets from now on!

I love beets! Beetroot? :notsure:

:love:

xSilverPhinx

Bluenose

Quote from: jumbojak on April 05, 2018, 10:54:59 PM

Ah, caulifower just needs to be treated right, lightly steamed, then if you like, sprinkled with a little grated parmesan cheese, or broken up into tiny florets and eaten raw in a salad, yum!  Oh. and, of course, cauliflower is a key ingredient of piccalilli, the very best mustard pickle of them all!

Beetroot is essential on any hamburger, way better than those horrible dill pickles that American fast food chains insist on putting on their burgers.  Roast beetroot is delicious with any roast, but especially roast pork.  Cold baby beetroot makes a wonderful addition to any salad.  Many years ago I went shopping in Waikiki to make some "Aussie" hamburgers for some people I was staying with.  With some difficulty I managed to find everything I needed (although I did make my own buns, I can't stand sugar in mt bread), except for beetroot.  All I could find was tinned beets, which are not the same, pale imitations of the real thing.  Still my friends liked the burgers, with home made patties (including herbs and spices), the beets, toasted buns, lettuce, tomato, crisp fried onion, cheese, bacon, egg and ketchup.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett