News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What do you think of the Kennedy Family?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 01, 2017, 02:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

What do you think of the Kennedy clan?

That is to say the happy, inspirational dead ones, not the trashy living ones.

What do you think of JFK, RFK, Teddy, all those good and pious sisters? In some ways the sisters are better behaved than those Kennedy bad boys! My favorite Kennedy sister of all was the one who helped the disabled compete in athletics. I believe it was because her dear sister Rosemary was disabled herself!

I recall when JFK junior died. He seemed like such a class act, if a bit of a lightweight playboy.

There are a lot of rumors/speculation about them too. Was there some secret conspiracy to JFKs murder? Did he and brother Bobby misbehave with that shameless strumpet Marilyn Monroe?

Thoughts please!!!

No one

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 01, 2017, 02:02:10 AM
Did he and brother Bobby misbehave with that shameless strumpet Marilyn Monroe?

Thoughts please!!!

Right, so Bobby and John cheating on their wives is called misbehaving, as if they were just innocent little boys with their hands caught in the cookie jar (JFK had multiple affairs after getting married), but Marilyn Monroe is a "shameless strumpet"...by which you mean prostitute or slut.

So you are in essence slut-shaming Marilyn Monroe because she chose as an adult to possibly have sex with other adults. This is sexist crap because only girls and women are called to task for their sexuality, whether real or imagined; boys and men are congratulated for the exact same behavior.

This is the essence of the sexual double standard: Boys will be boys (Misbehave), and girls will be sluts (Strumpets).

Don't think so dude.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

It's like a sounding board for tabloid headlines. Maybe the Sister really works for The National Enquirer.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

SisterAgatha

It obviously wasn't right what Jack and Bobby did, but I do think Marilyn was a bit of a homewrecker.

If the rumors are true, then she wronged poor Jackie and Mrs. RFK (don't recall her name) and was a bit of a homewrecker.

She wrecked her own homelife as well. Just ask Arthur Miller and Joe Dimaggio!

I think Bobby is my favorite. He seems the least promiscuous and the one most dedicated to sincere social change

Davin

I find it a bit suspicious that the "sister" here has chosen an avatar that comes from a movie about a lounge singer pretending to be a nun, and goes about asking all sorts of controversial questions while refusing to engage in the discussion.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 01, 2017, 01:52:03 PM
It obviously wasn't right what Jack and Bobby did, but I do think Marilyn was a bit of a homewrecker.

If the rumors are true, then she wronged poor Jackie and Mrs. RFK (don't recall her name) and was a bit of a homewrecker.

I think Bobby is my favorite. He seems the least promiscuous and the one most dedicated to sincere social change

I don't agree, Marilyn was a marital aid,
she helped and blessed their marriages.
Some guys with guns were homewreckers.
I'm in a long term marriage, a lowly male
I know you have given yourself to god
But if you have anything left to give,
I think you could help my marriage.
I'd let you wear my hat.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

SisterAgatha

I almost wish Ted had beaten Jimmy Carter and then Ronald Reagen way back in 1980.

Imagine that. Two Kennedy presidencies! He would have brought back the charm and class of Camelot allright, and stemmed the "religion of greed" that the 80s seemed to embrace

xSilverPhinx

What are they, the Kardashians of politics?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I almost wish Agatha would respond to what the users here have posted.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on November 02, 2017, 02:12:33 PM
I almost wish Agatha would respond to what the users here have posted.

She PM'd me. (lie)
I'm going to keep trying though.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

You're still doing it, stop. Applying a sexual double standard. Saying, "Bobby was just a little promiscuous (Bad little boy), but that Marilyn what a "home wrecker"....right! Blame her because  Bobby and John couldn't keep their dicks in their pants.

They were worse, as they were in positions of power and influence and abused it, just look at all of the allegations flying about nowadays with the powerful in Hollywood.

No one

FatherBruno:
Bobby was just a little promiscuous (Bad little boy), but that Marilyn what a "home wrecker"....right! Blame her because  Bobby and John couldn't keep their dicks in their pants.

Well obviously anyone with a vagina is asking for it.

SisterAgatha

Teddy turned out good toward the end (except for his promotion of partial birth abortion and "pick and choose" Catholocism."

RFK was by far my favorite, a real champion of the poor and dispossessed.

I wonder who the next "great" of the Kennedy clan might be.

They have a large and extensive family with a lot of charming,persuasive compassionate genese running through them. There probably will be one in the near future!

Biggus Dickus