News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

My condolences, Guardian85.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

I had sex with an ex-stripper last night. And uh...I'm afraid about STDs. I took a shower and washed my junk but still think I should get tested.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Being an ex stripper, or any occupation other than prostitute, doesn't really add risk. You should always wear a glove. Even though I always use a condom, I get checked periodically when I'm not in a monogamous relationship, I think that's a good idea.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on May 17, 2018, 04:28:36 PM
Being an ex stripper, or any occupation other than prostitute, doesn't really add risk. You should always wear a glove. Even though I always use a condom, I get checked periodically when I'm not in a monogamous relationship, I think that's a good idea.

Technically strippers aren't prostitutes. But they do that behind the scenes. Other creative industries are the same. Basically legal prostitutes. Same deal in the fitness industry (although not all places force you to do this, some do). So I'm not familiar with this girl but I did just meet her yesterday and she brought up that she used to be a stripper.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I recommend that you subscribe to this guy on YouTube. He always has a lot of great stuff.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 18, 2018, 06:07:36 PM
Sorry to hear that, G85. :(

Hey hey it's the resident neuroscience publisher! Can I start calling you a neuroscientist yet?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

Saw a "news" report about someone named Marlke and that they decided who would walk them down the aisle. Why is this newsworthy? Who in their right mind gives a flying fuck?

Magdalena

:tellmemore:
GOOF, Grumpy Order of Old Farts, comes to mind.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 16, 2018, 10:04:33 PM
So, yesterday I got the message that my grandmother died.
Not a big surprise. She had a significant brain hemmorage about a year ago and was pretty much gone already. Lately she had been declining and noone was surprised when she packed it in.

From a certain point of view I am glad she finally died. She always vocally refused any thought of being in a care facility, so the past year was not the way she would have wanted it. And she really died last year when her brain blew it's gasket. Personality, memories, agency...that all went out the window. That's not living.
And this whole situation has been quite a strain on my mother.

At lest she's at peace now.
Condolences to you and your family.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

I have two dogs. Both do not like cats. Sitting here with door to garden open. Both dogs are sitting on my wife. My wife says "There's a cat in here!" And there was! It had wandered in out of the garden! It saw the dogs, they didn't see it and cool as a cucumber it wandered out again!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Quote from: No one on May 18, 2018, 09:35:23 PM
Saw a "news" report about someone named Marlke and that they decided who would walk them down the aisle. Why is this newsworthy? Who in their right mind gives a flying fuck?

Well just because you don't agree with the idea of a monarchy, (I don't myself at least not in a forelock-touching I-know-my-place bowing and curtseying kind of a way; I wouldn't want to meet any of them because I wouldn't curtsy) doesn't mean others should agree. We live in a (imperfect) democracy and hundreds of thousands of people love royalty and the pageantry around them. However deluded they may be, however much they don't understand that they are kept down by the ruling class generally; they are still franchised members of the population. Someone I know who worked in a children's ward of a Liverpool hospital, (not a monarchist himself) was amazed at how the mood lifted when Princess Anne came to visit: I repeat, people love them and I don't feel I should sneer at them. (And I LOVED the dress she said defiantly).
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Icarus

It seems to me that it is  perfectly rational to admire admirable people. Fawnng over them is seldom necessary since we have arrived at the age of reason ( I'm going to get an argument about that I reckon). Membership in the royal family may or may not qualify them as admirable.  I suspect that Dianna was one of the admirables, at least that is the general consensus. Henry the eighth  comes to mind as a not so lovable royal. 

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on May 20, 2018, 08:03:03 PM
I have two dogs. Both do not like cats. Sitting here with door to garden open. Both dogs are sitting on my wife. My wife says "There's a cat in here!" And there was! It had wandered in out of the garden! It saw the dogs, they didn't see it and cool as a cucumber it wandered out again!!!

Let's hope you never need to count on them to guard the house.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

This afternoon my brother and I were working on the big truck and moved to his tailgate to tap the adapter we were making. No hiccups, aside from him dropping the tap into a gallon of bar lube, but I reached for my ratchet and accidentally picked up the damn dead snake he had lying there. He was saving it to put on someone else's boat in the morning.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz