News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

How many times damned are you?

Started by Bad Penny II, April 17, 2019, 01:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Just wondering whether the number of different, usually anonymous, homosexual acts count as one sin, or whether they add up.

Otherwise, I only get a six.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 17, 2019, 06:21:25 PM
I got six, seven if I can add in "thug," I guess I need to try harder.

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 18, 2019, 01:20:05 AM
I'm not sure if I qualify for pot smoking, I only tried it once and didn't even get the munchies.

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 18, 2019, 04:54:20 AM
Just wondering whether the number of different, usually anonymous, homosexual acts count as one sin, or whether they add up.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on April 18, 2019, 06:07:12 AM

I'm not sure if I qualify for pot smoking, I only tried it once and didn't even get the munchies.

Judging by Larry's expression, I am doomed.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

There's a meme going around where Satan reminds us all that you go to Hell whether you commit one sin or 1,000 sins, so you may as well commit 1,000,000 sins and enter Hell a legend.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 18, 2019, 07:56:06 AM

There's a meme going around where Satan reminds us all that you go to Hell whether you commit one sin or 1,000 sins, so you may as well commit 1,000,000 sins and enter Hell a legend.

According to William Blake "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom...You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough."

I must be a very wise man by now.
― Charles Eames

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 18, 2019, 06:07:12 AM

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Harmonie

I'd certainly be damned for homosexuality, although the degree to which depends on what counts. If in terms of actions, I wouldn't be damned that much (thanks to all of those years spent squarely in love with my ex, but we weren't really together... It was complicated. There hasn't been much action, okay?), but if we're going into my thoughts, OMG, I would be so damned.

Lying. Everyone has lied. It's just a fact of life, so to have someone damned for that seems kind of silly for me. That is until you get into proud, harmful liars like Trump. But, as the evangelicals are so adamant of, Trump is God's chosen president and is an exemplary Godly man. So I really don't know what to say.

I'm an atheist, obviously. (So, I'm not worried about being damned. And honestly, a God that condones slavery and sexism, but would damn someone for being homosexual is not worth spending eternity with anyway)

That's it, I guess. I don't drink or do drugs, at all. Adultery and fornication don't really apply to me at this point. There are probably obscure sins in the Bible that I've committed. You know, the ones that Christians don't care about, because they only care about the ones that further their homophobic, sexist, etc. narratives.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

xSilverPhinx

Damned to the bone
Damned to the bone
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-damned
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-damned
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-damned
Damned to the bone

:devil:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Buddy

My favorite quote is "By now I'm just making my hand basket pretty."
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Davin

Quote from: Buddy on April 19, 2019, 03:12:55 PM
My favorite quote is "By now I'm just making my hand basket pretty."

Recusant

As a child, when I still believed, I knew that I was going to hell because I considered the god-botherers my enemies, and not without reason. The Holy Ghost can take a flying fuck at the Moon. (Just as an insurance policy, I try to make sure to commit the one unforgivable sin every once in a while. A somewhat puerile reverse Pascal's Wager, if you will. I never bothered to count, since once is supposedly enough.)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken