News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by jumbojak, March 04, 2019, 03:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on March 09, 2019, 05:25:50 AM
Who is this...francisco I keep seeing every time I login?
-Just curious.

He hasn't posted anything, and possibly never will. Many people sign up for accounts but never say anything. I'd consider it an unethical abuse of my position on this site to publicly reveal even what little I know about him.

Very glad to see you gracing these boards again, Magdalena! :computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

-Just curious.
Is he here a lot?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on March 09, 2019, 06:50:28 PM
-Just curious.
Is he here a lot?
His name is always at the bottom. (New member). I like his name, Frrrrrancisco. Very Latino. Not many of us around here.  :-\
That'all.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on March 09, 2019, 06:13:24 PM
-Just curious.

He hasn't posted anything, and possibly never will. Many people sign up for accounts but never say anything. I'd consider it an unethical abuse of my position on this site to publicly reveal even what little I know about him.

Very glad to see you gracing these boards again, Magdalena! :computerwave:
You've always been very professional, Recusant:tellmemore:
The world needs more people like you.

It's nice to, "see you."
:computerwave:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 09, 2019, 01:39:09 PM
-Just curious.

He is a seller of shoes and printer ink/toner of dubious provenance.
I got a pair New Balonce joggers off him that are working for me.
We don't actually jog in them.
No, but the potential is there.

I'm not sure about his inks and toners.
Yes of course this kind of member wouldn't have been allowed back in the day but now is now, can't afford to be picky and his shoes are very competitively priced.

The world also needs more people like you, Bad Penny II.

Unsapien

Quote from: jumbojak on March 04, 2019, 01:39:30 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 04, 2019, 07:41:46 AM
I saw a cartoon once where a vampire was informed of this reflected sunlight fact and promptly disintegrated.  Moral: science saves lives.

And as long as we're on the subject, why would being soulless keep a vampire's image from reflecting in a mirror?  Mirrors don't reflect human souls, only the physical form which vampires also have so they should be showing up in mirrors just fine.  Ditto a photograph.

Special, soul-detecting photons are the answer here. Except, these soul-detecting photons also reflect off of inanimate objects... so we have undead-soul-detecting photons. Yeah, that makes sense.

Perhaps the Soul-detecting photons are only emitted from Sol, the soulless detecting photons are emitted from elements created from other stars.
"If we are to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on March 09, 2019, 08:10:30 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 09, 2019, 06:50:28 PM
-Just curious.
Is he here a lot?
His name is always at the bottom. (New member). I like his name, Frrrrrancisco. Very Latino. Not many of us around here.  :-\
That'all.
Ok.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Unsapien on March 09, 2019, 09:56:22 PM
I saw a cartoon once where a vampire was informed of this reflected sunlight fact and promptly disintegrated.  Moral: science saves lives.

And as long as we're on the subject, why would being soulless keep a vampire's image from reflecting in a mirror?  Mirrors don't reflect human souls, only the physical form which vampires also have so they should be showing up in mirrors just fine.  Ditto a photograph.

Special, soul-detecting photons are the answer here. Except, these soul-detecting photons also reflect off of inanimate objects... so we have undead-soul-detecting photons. Yeah, that makes sense.

Perhaps the Soul-detecting photons are only emitted from Sol, the soulless detecting photons are emitted from elements created from other stars.

I see the plot for a sci-fi vampire space opera brewing. I like it!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on March 11, 2019, 01:32:30 PM
Quote from: Unsapien on March 09, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

I see the plot for a sci-fi vampire space opera brewing. I like it!

Netflix beckons!

jumbojak

I wonder if you could get a packed parachute through airport security and onto the plane as carryon luggage.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 16, 2019, 07:01:04 PM
I wonder if you could get a packed parachute through airport security and onto the plane as carryon luggage.

Maybe if you called it 'insurance'? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

That's an interesting idea. Might have to cause a scene to pull it off though. Then again, if you're flying in a 737 they might understand.

hermes2015

At Rome airport I once saw a Sicilian family board an internal flight carrying a cage of live chickens.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

^ Therapy chickens no doubt.  ;D

Joking aside, I have a grand daughter who has some emotional issues.  When she was in high school she became a member of FFA (future farmers of America). She was involved with chickens, kept some of them in her parents back yard.  She was  in a much better emotional state all the while that she was nurturing those chickens.  The chickens were not presumed to be for therapy but sure enough they were. I reckon that her attention to the health and welfare of those birds was a fortunate distraction from her imagined demons. 

xSilverPhinx

Whoever discovered cheese must have surely gone to heaven!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey