News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hey

Started by ChattyMute, January 02, 2011, 04:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChattyMute

Hey, my name's Katie. I've joined several other atheist forums before, but I didn't like the atmosphere of them. So I'm giving this one a try.

A bit of background about me, I'm 17 year old female, and I live in the Bible Belt in the USA though my area isn't bad. I've acknowledged my atheism since I was about 13 or 14, but I've been a disbeliever since I was about 10 or 11.

Cite134

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

Tank

Quote from: "ChattyMute"Hey, my name's Katie. I've joined several other atheist forums before, but I didn't like the atmosphere of them. So I'm giving this one a try.

A bit of background about me, I'm 17 year old female, and I live in the Bible Belt in the USA though my area isn't bad. I've acknowledged my atheism since I was about 13 or 14, but I've been a disbeliever since I was about 10 or 11.
Welcome aboard Katie

Curious what it was about other atheist forums that put you off of them?

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

terranus

Quote from: "ChattyMute"Hey, my name's Katie. I've joined several other atheist forums before, but I didn't like the atmosphere of them. So I'm giving this one a try.

Hmm...you must be pretty smart or pretty rebellious to be an atheist in the bible belt at age 17. I too am from the bible belt, and at age 17 I was a god-fearing conservative. Took me years to break free of all the lies I had been taught.

At any rate, I'm new here too, so we can be new here together. Welcome! :bananacolor:
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

ChattyMute

Quote from: "Tank"

Welcome aboard Katie

Regards
Chris

Not really sure actually. I'm a bit fickle, so that might have had something to do with it.

Quote from: "terranus"Hmm...you must be pretty smart or pretty rebellious to be an atheist in the bible belt at age 17. I too am from the bible belt, and at age 17 I was a god-fearing conservative. Took me years to break free of all the lies I had been taught.

At any rate, I'm new here too, so we can be new here together. Welcome!
I don't know if I'm all that smart, but my mom taught me to question everything and not be afraid to think differently. And I'm definitely not rebellious. I have no reason to be. Beyond common sense rules, I really don't have many restrictions to what I can and can't do as long as I keep mom informed to a certain degree.

And thanks for the welcomes!

Tank

Quote from: "ChattyMute"
Quote from: "Tank"

Welcome aboard Katie

Regards
Chris

Not really sure actually. I'm a bit fickle, so that might have had something to do with it.

Well I have frequented a number of fora over the years and each has its own unique flavour. This is one of the calmer ones. Some can be very hyper, others very dry. This place is very good at calm comment and observation so is great for asking questions without people being snarky and condescending in their replies. The staff are good at keeping out the nutters and trolls. The more you put in here the more you will get out, so get stuck in and enjoy  :D

EDIT: Sorted out quotes.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Hello, Katie. Welcome to HAF.
The world's what you create.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "nancyd589"Hello! I am Nancy. I came across this forum and surf with this forum.
 I like it much and looks informative. I would like to say hello to all the forum members.
Hope have a good time with you all.

:hail:

Pity, because it would have been interesting to have a real Buddhist here for discussion.