News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Bush 41

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 02, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Say what you will about his politics; he had more integrity than 90% of politicians today. I'd take him over Trump in a heartbeat.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 02, 2018, 02:16:47 PM
Say what you will about his politics; he had more integrity than 90% of politicians today. I'd take him over Trump in a heartbeat.
Agreed.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

He was a very decent, but not a truly great president. What I liked about him is how he handled the turbulent times that followed after the fall of communism in Europe (like the reunification of Germany).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

I agree that Bush I appeared to have been a man of integrity, and also seems to have valued decency. Some of his actions as president could lead one to doubt those qualities, but holding the course in pursuing an ideological agenda (which he did) can lead one to making very questionable decisions.

I think the glaring contrast between the character of GHW Bush and that of the current US president has lead to more flattering eulogies than might have otherwise appeared.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 02, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

It was "good riddance to Bush" during the Obama Administration from me, but now I miss Bush like crazy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Which Bush are you talking about? If Trump is 45 then Bush senior would be 41 right?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm talking about 41.  He died.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 02, 2018, 11:22:45 PM
I'm talking about 41.  He died.

I get numbers confused, tho to be honest I'd prefer either Bush over Trump.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

^ or even Larry of the three stooges over Trump

Ecurb Noselrub