News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Because using a cattle brand implies a lack of trust.

Started by Ali, June 28, 2012, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

There is also the theory that hormones have a role to play in finding the partner due to fluctuations caused by the menstrual cycle. I cant remember exactly what it was but it was along the lines of women are more attracted to males that are more pretty than rugged around the time the decorators are in, when they are on a break it's vice versa.

I however think that women go for guys they find attractive and each one has different tastes.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on July 04, 2012, 02:30:17 PM
The whole Roman history of the wedding ring implying male ownership of the female puts me off them full stop.

Same . I'm never doing the wedding ring thing. i'm not a piece of someone's property.  :-\
I don't understand why people wear them. To go "OH, someone already owns you? shucks"

No, thank you.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on July 05, 2012, 05:26:47 PM
There is also the theory that hormones have a role to play in finding the partner due to fluctuations caused by the menstrual cycle. I cant remember exactly what it was but it was along the lines of women are more attracted to males that are more pretty than rugged around the time the decorators are in, when they are on a break it's vice versa.

I however think that women go for guys they find attractive and each one has different tastes.
And somehow this doesn't apply to women like me (and Amicale) who don't like men at all >_>;

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 07:05:09 AM

And somehow this doesn't apply to women like me (and Amicale) who don't like men at all >_>;

[evil monologue] Ha ha, I hide and wait till Tank comes by, then I will use my ventriloquist ability, throw my voice and say "but that's only 'cause you haven't met the right man yet."  Bwa ha ha ha, Tank will be torn to pieces. [/evil monologue]

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 07, 2012, 09:56:33 AM

[evil monologue] Ha ha, I hide and wait till Tank comes by, then I will use my ventriloquist ability, throw my voice and say "but that's only 'cause you haven't met the right man yet."  Bwa ha ha ha, Tank will be torn to pieces. [/evil monologue]
LOL

I'm heterosexual and that doesn't put me off of lesbians or gay men. If another person's sexuality is one's defining element in one's relationship with them one really should look closely at one's own priorities when it comes to forming relationships with people.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 07:04:12 AM
The whole Roman history of the wedding ring implying male ownership of the female puts me off them full stop.

Same . I'm never doing the wedding ring thing. i'm not a piece of someone's property.  :-\
I don't understand why people wear them. To go "OH, someone already owns you? shucks"

No, thank you.

I don't consider my ring to mean that my husband owns me.  I see it as a symbol of our commitment, and a pretty piece of jewelry.  It's fine if anyone else doesn't want to wear a ring; I just wanted to clarify that a wedding ring doesn't have to be a symbol of ownership. 

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 07:04:12 AM

No, thank you.

I've never taken it that way. I wear mine for sentimental value - just like I wear a locket that he gave me when we were dating. They're pieces of jewelry, not a chastity belt.  :D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

If I were to ever get a stamping ring, it would say something along the lines of "Help me :("
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

xSilverPhinx

By "pretty" you mean with feminine characteristics? Look at Brad Pitt for instance, or Leonardo DiCarprio. I think there's something of truth there.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dobermonster

Quote from: Ali on July 07, 2012, 03:29:06 PM
A "666" stamping ring would be funny. 

Make it a headband and give them away at conservative rallies . . . that'd be fun.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 07, 2012, 10:42:24 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 07, 2012, 09:56:33 AM

LOL

I'm heterosexual and that doesn't put me off of lesbians or gay men. If another person's sexuality is one's defining element in one's relationship with them one really should look closely at one's own priorities when it comes to forming relationships with people.

:) <3
Yes.

Ali

Or you could just spend your mornings stalking your husband's email and voicemail like this woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2171225/I-snoop-mans-emails-I-dont-trust-women-says-Samantha-Brick.html?ITO=1490

My favorite part of that article was:

QuoteMen seem to have no idea about how pitifully easily they can be trapped by unscrupulous women hell bent on hooking any chap they fancy.

Saints preserve us from spending our reproductive years with men too stupid to know when they're being lured away by another woman.

Am I mistaken, or isn't the author of this article the same woman that drove the Internet crazy a few months ago by writing about the way men fall all over her and women hate her because she's attractive?  

Tank

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 10:09:44 PM
Or you could just spend your mornings stalking your husband's email and voicemail like this woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2171225/I-snoop-mans-emails-I-dont-trust-women-says-Samantha-Brick.html?ITO=1490

My favorite part of that article was:

QuoteMen seem to have no idea about how pitifully easily they can be trapped by unscrupulous women hell bent on hooking any chap they fancy.

Saints preserve us from spending our reproductive years with men too stupid to know when they're being lured away by another woman.

Am I mistaken, or isn't the author of this article the same woman that drove the Internet crazy a few years ago by writing about the way men fall all over her and women hate her because she's attractive?  
I have met women who just love the chase for the sale of the chase and others who will try and get a woman's husband just because they can. They are in the minority and the sort of man that will fall for them is in the minority. But when they meet it'll be a 'perfect storm'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

I'm not saying men never cheat Tank.  Simply that if he wants to cheat, stalking his voicemail, email, Twitter account, et cetera, isn't going to fix that.  It's the same problem I have with the imprinting ring; you can't "keep" someone that doesn't want to be "kept."