Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

a little help? :)

Started by Gorgon, May 19, 2011, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgon

post removed by admin.

Whitney

Making your first post a request for help is not a very good way to get people to want to help you.  I've proof read non-native English papers before and it's a huge pain when sentences need to be rearranged etc.  If however you were one of the regular members who posts here all the time then I'd help out.

So...if you want help, participate for a while then ask again.

Gorgon

Well, the problem is I don't really have time to write and read on forums. Any forums.
I understand your perspective, but I don't agree with you. A person should be either willing to help someone or not, and that has nothing to do with how many posts I made. Would you help a stranger that tripped a few yards from you?
Maybe I should ask on a Christian forum?  ;D

hismikeness

Helping someone who tripped and proofreading 20 pages of possibly tough reading and editing it are hardly the same thing.

Ask away on another forum. Don't expect help from me.  8)
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Davin

This doesn't sound like "a little help" because I've proof read at least a thousand essays any where from 3 - 40 pages. Asking for a 20 page proof read is a big favor, a favor that one would ask a friend or family member for... not some strangers who you don't know and are unwilling to get to know. So unless some random person enjoys proof reading, I doubt you'll find people that are willing to provide such a favor for absolutely nothing.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Whitney

Quote from: Gorgon on May 19, 2011, 07:20:48 PM
Well, the problem is I don't really have time to write and read on forums. Any forums.
I understand your perspective, but I don't agree with you. A person should be either willing to help someone or not, and that has nothing to do with how many posts I made. Would you help a stranger that tripped a few yards from you?
Maybe I should ask on a Christian forum?  ;D

Maybe I should remove your email address and request from your first post since you are being rude....ya, I think I will.