Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hi from a bullied atheist

Started by AlisonFox66, May 02, 2012, 09:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlisonFox66

Hi My name is Alison from Alloa
#Joined this to hopefully find more atheists

I get bullied a lot for being an atheist as apparently christians are 'good' and I don't know right from wrong
a bit about me - Ilike hillwalking but as a non-driver get frustrated that I cannot access hills on a Sunday as there are limited  buses  and that I am effectively isolated on 25th December due to a complete lack of transport
I am also a blood donor and gave my 60th pint last week - however people think I must be christian to do something that good - no, I just like helping other people

Tank

Hi Alison

Alloa in Scotland? Or somewhere else?

I can't imagine you getting much grief for being an atheist in Scotland, but I could be wrong!

Good for you being a blood donor. I can't as I'm a diabetic on a variety of medications.

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

OldGit

Hello, Alison!  Sorry to hear you're getting grief for your atheism - as Tank said, that's surprising if you're in Alloa, Scotland.

I also do a bit for charity, but no-one in the UK ever expresses surprise that an atheist should do so.

Anyhow, we're here to support you, wherever you live.

Ali

Jimmy

Welcome!!! Thanks for giving blood!! I'm a lab tech, there are almost always blood shortages, so it is well appreciated :)
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

rickrocks

Hill walking? Giving blood? Suspicious behavior indeed! You are to be burned at the stake!

But wait! Here comes an army of smiling, giggling, laughing atheists to save you from your oppressors!

Actually, if you're in Scotland, I'd love to come visit. We could do some oppressor-bashing together...

All kidding aside, welcome to this forum. Just got here myself! You will find like-minded folks here, who understand and can help you along the rocky but ever climbing road of inquiry.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Hello and welcome! Giving blood is great, I like helping people too! I give plasma though.  I like helping people, but usually only if I get paid.  I do make exceptions once in a while though.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Welcome again, Alison! Glad to have you here. :)

As a non-driver myself, I share your annoyance with the lack of buses on Sundays... but I try and make the best of it, and go for a long walk or bike ride instead. :)

Happy to have met you, and see you around HAF.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Anne D.