News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I'm going to be honest

Started by maestroanth, March 06, 2009, 10:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestroanth

F

McQ

You can stop talking about anything you don't wish to talk about. You also don't have to read threads that don't interest you. Additionally, you don't have to feel compelled to participate in threads that don't interest you. I noticed you decided to post a sarcastic personal message to karadan in this thread, apparently because you don't want people talking about disprivong god. That's not what we're about.

Quote from: "maestroanth"
Quote from: "karadan"You can't disprove it. That is why religion exists. You can, however, put forward a very eloquent case as to why following religion is ultimately foolhardy and a waste of time.

It is probably best to look back over many of the threads created here. This forum contains stunningly intellectual users who possess genuine literary talent. You'll have a great time reading, I'm sure.

Your farts must smell like roses as well.

Like I said don't down yourself to the level as to the Christians.

You can't be flaming people...or overly self promoting yourselves....all best.

All best.

You really need to try to better understand what an atheist/agnostic is. It's explained repeatedly all over this forum, and has been explained directly to you. Keep in mind that we talk about every subject we can think of. Nothing is excluded, and we don't have to join in threads that we don't care for.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: "maestroanth"Can we stop talking about disproving god.  And grow our own logic.  Otherwise, we won't get anywhere.

Comon,  http://www1.wfubmc.edu/molecular_geneti ... ancer/Cui/

Dr. Zheng Cui has found a 100% cancer cure for mice.  And on Human tissue Got even faster results....but FDA won't  allow it.

Atheists Comon!  This is one guy I actually took my time reading up on, instead of disproving moses, it's time to take logic into action.  It's specific immunotherapy, and can provide healthcare, don't use better brains than "I hate Christians"  DO SOMETHING WITH IT.

I wish I can find what I was researching on during my thyroid problems....but I see the reason for logic has lots to grow.

Interesting research, and it's headed in the direction that medicine wants to go, but the citation you linked to didn't say anything about a 100% cancer cure for mice, or humans. Is there another link you can post to that particular item?
--Penn Jillette

Sophus

Um... right, because I'm certain we could have crafted a cure for cancer if only we talked about that more  :confused:

I'm not concerned with disproving God so much anymore as I am just getting a laugh out of the best comedy of all time: religion.

Besides we discuss a lot of different philosophies in the Philosophy forum.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

curiosityandthecat

At first, I thought, "I remember reading about research like that when I started my undergrad, almost ten years ago." Then I clicked on the link. Hey, look at that. Ten years ago. Maybe all those drugs didn't completely destroy my long term memory.

...What was I talking about? Oh, right.

Any sort of treatment of that nature takes years of testing, retesting, re-retesting and re-re-retesting before it even gets close to FDA approval.

As for the suggestion that atheists put their energy toward better things, I think you're assuming too much. For most of us (though I'm assuming here, too, but from personal experience) the energy atheists put into this is done so as a sort of hobby--call it a Special Interest--when they're not doing their real jobs (which are, more often than not, humanitarian in nature; I, for one, am in education and help poor, rural African villages get general and textbooks to help build schools and general libraries, and in my spare time I work with Amnesty International, volunteer in a soup kitchen and read to deaf kids*).

But, I guess you're right: I could use my time and energy more wisely.

*I don't really read to deaf kids, but damn, wouldn't that have been awesome? Maybe I'll start.
-Curio

karadan

Quote from: "McQ"You can stop talking about anything you don't wish to talk about. You also don't have to read threads that don't interest you. Additionally, you don't have to feel compelled to participate in threads that don't interest you. I noticed you decided to post a sarcastic personal message to karadan in this thread, apparently because you don't want people talking about disprivong god. That's not what we're about.

Quote from: "maestroanth"
Quote from: "karadan"You can't disprove it. That is why religion exists. You can, however, put forward a very eloquent case as to why following religion is ultimately foolhardy and a waste of time.

It is probably best to look back over many of the threads created here. This forum contains stunningly intellectual users who possess genuine literary talent. You'll have a great time reading, I'm sure.

Your farts must smell like roses as well.

Like I said don't down yourself to the level as to the Christians.

You can't be flaming people...or overly self promoting yourselves....all best.

All best.

You really need to try to better understand what an atheist/agnostic is. It's explained repeatedly all over this forum, and has been explained directly to you. Keep in mind that we talk about every subject we can think of. Nothing is excluded, and we don't have to join in threads that we don't care for.

Actually, my farts currently smell more like a Carrion flower mainly because i've spent the last week eating nothing but Italian meats and cheeses. :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Sophus

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"*I don't really read to deaf kids, but damn, wouldn't that have been awesome? Maybe I'll start.

That ould be a tremendous help. As of right now the only volunteer reading to deaf children is our 43rd President. And as you can see he's in need of some help:

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F

McQ

Wow. What a revelation. Good to know that cancer will be cured in two years. I think the two years is already up, based on the start date of the research.

:raised:

This information is so misleading on so many levels as to be almost criminal. I don't even know where to start. Conclusions were leaped upon like French Tart on board a Three-Masted Schooner.

WBCs show some activity in some mice, with some cancer. That is not a cure for cancer. Stem cell transplant shows much greater promise in a wider variety of cancers, along with targeted immunotherapies and other targeted therapies.
--Penn Jillette

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F