News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Santorum is out.

Started by Buddy, April 11, 2012, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: fester30 on April 11, 2012, 06:39:31 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 05:33:41 PM
*Snerk*

Romney's like the last available dude at the bar before last call.  Republicans aren't really into him, but they don't want to go home alone....

I college my love life depended upon me being that guy.

:D *starts singing 'Closing Time' *

So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits
I hope you have found a friend
Closing time
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on April 11, 2012, 06:03:22 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 05:33:41 PM
*Snerk*

Romney's like the last available dude at the bar before last call.  Republicans aren't really into him, but they don't want to go home alone....

LOL! Yeah, see, that's the situation where I'd just go home with the barmaid, and leave Romney sitting alone crying into his beer...

Haha, I think that makes Ron Paul the barmaid in this metaphor.....

Jimmy

I'm just glad he's out.  Not that he would've been nominated, but the longer he stayed in, the more I worried about the fundies making a comeback.
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Harmonie

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 11, 2012, 06:17:53 PM
Yeah, now if only everyone else would drop out or die in a plane crash it could be Dr. Paul vs. Obama.

No, lets keep it with Romney.

Not that I like Romney, but I dislike Ron Paul even more.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Anne D.

Good riddance. Santorum truly seems obsessed with others' sexuality and what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms. It's really disturbing.

Amicale

Quote from: Anne D. on April 12, 2012, 01:28:24 AM
Good riddance. Santorum truly seems obsessed with others' sexuality and what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms. It's really disturbing.

"There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation." - Pierre Elliot Trudeau, 15th Prime Minister of Canada

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Anne D.

Sweetdeath

Na na na na... Na na na na na..

Hey, hey.
Goodbye.  :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

fester30

Yeah... it's that one place where he thinks the government should be in our lives.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: fester30 on April 12, 2012, 04:27:28 AM

Yeah... it's that one place where he thinks the government should be in our lives.

I feel like people overly obsessed with other's sex lives aren't getting any in their own life.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 12, 2012, 05:00:08 AM
Quote from: fester30 on April 12, 2012, 04:27:28 AM

I feel like people overly obsessed with other's sex lives aren't getting any in their own life.

The name Ted Haggard comes to mind - the preacher who was so far into the closet that he spent most of his life gay-bashing before he was caught and essentially outed. A pastor rather than a politician, but hey, people in leadership roles in general have a lot of unfortunate influence at times.

Guardian85

One less pervy bastard to worry about.

Not that I have anything against perverts in general. ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 12, 2012, 07:15:35 AM

One less pervy bastard to worry about.

Not that I have anything against perverts in general. ;)

Me either! It's the bastard part I take issue with. You can TOTALLY be a friendly, harmless perv... like so many of us here.  ;D

el_presidente

I root against Tebow and Santorum for the same reason:  They're just bad.  They're not smart or talented, they're just famous for one thing: displaying faith.
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.  God won't do it, so we must do it ourselves.

Recusant

Quote from: el_presidente on April 13, 2012, 05:51:18 AMI root against Tebow and Santorum for the same reason:  They're just bad.  They're not smart or talented, they're just famous for one thing: displaying faith.

Heh, Santorum is famous for more than being a smarmy, malignant, lying zealot. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just google his last name. You'll find an interesting site or two on the first page.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken