News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Jeremy Paxman interviews Russell Brand

Started by karadan, October 04, 2010, 01:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

I like both these two men for different reasons. Russell brand can be a bit over-the-top but I admire his eloquence and seemingly face-value honesty. Paxman is, well, Paxman; a gloriously cantankerous figure with no shortage of respect from the media. I wouldn't have thought these two would interview well but this conversation proved me wrong. I rather enjoyed it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/n ... 053238.stm

The obsession with fame has always left me a little bemused. Personally, I have trouble saying cheese for a photo, let alone standing in front of a TV camera answering questions I don't like from someone I don't know. The above interview gave some nice insight into the culture of celebrity and I can empathise with the views of Russell Brand on the subject. They raised some interesting points on how celebrity might be replacing god as the go-to guy for personal solace.

It must really suck to have fame forced upon you if you are really good at something. This bullshit has broken many people in the past, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I find that rather unfortunate.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Dretlin

I watched this the other day. It was a very good interview.

I was unsure how both these men would interact with one another. As, like you, I quite like them.

I was happy to see my worries were unfounded!