News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.

Started by Tank, December 19, 2015, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: No one on September 29, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
I just listened to Justin Bieber, now I have hearing aids.

Why didn't you just pull one of your Uggs over your head?  :P

Bluenose

I caught this really bad case of the flu in Madrid.

Whilst sniffling and coughing and rolling around in the hotel bed, I realised I needed medical attention, so I called the concierge to get help.

"Oh, so you're sick!" came the reply. "Not a problem. we'll send our very own hotel doctor up to your room right away!"

The doctor strolled into the room within seconds, and whilst I stuttered and tried to comprehend the situation, he gave me some medication to ease the symptoms. When I finally stammered out "h...how does the hotel have their own doctor on call?" He simply shook his head and cracked a smile and replied:

"No one expects the Spanish inn physician."
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Tank's been rather punny these days it seems.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Not a pun but maybe useful to Silver and the sister thing......... Do you realize the the words: Dammit I,m mad....can be spelled both forward and backward.

hermes2015

Is this thread only for puns, or are spoonerisms and malapropisms allowed as well?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2019, 03:47:17 AM
Is this thread only for puns, or are spoonerisms and malapropisms allowed as well?

Title changed to reflect evolution of the forum zeitgeist to; Punishing puns! and spoonerisms and malapropisms etc.