News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

"Why Are You Atheists So Angry?"

Started by Asmodean, December 06, 2011, 02:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Considering the kind of bulls**t the theist fundie usually spouts about atheists, it should not be surprising that they are met with a measure of anger.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: unholy1971 on December 18, 2011, 06:30:06 PM
Because most of us atheist, started out as christians.  Christians who realized that they had been brainwashed our entire lives.  I think this justifies being a little angry.
Only just. The ratio of atheist to ex-theist atheist at Richard Dawkins forum came in at 48:52. However there was a high UK membership there that could have skewed the sample.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

I'm only about 10 minutes in, but I found myself shaking my head in agreement a lot those last few minutes. I will finish it up and watch the suggested video, "how to ruin Christmas" after the Ravens game. I need you to score me 40 points Ray Rice.

"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.