News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Residents of Britain: Take back your freedom!

Started by British_Atheist, July 05, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

Quote from: "Tank"The annoying thing though is that are the wankers, sorry bankers, that caused this mess taking the hit? Are they fuck! The people least ably to cope with the effects of the credit crunch are taking the brunt of the pain to give those greedy pigs a free ride!  :brick:

Come now Tank, I think your view lacks nuance here, just blindly blaming this nebulous and nefarious entity, known as "bankers" is neither correct, nor productive. At the end of the day, a small (very small) number of people sold some bad debt, which precipitated the whole thing, and I fully agree that those responsible, should be brought up for their unscrupulous business practices, but hating on the whole banking sector (which, contrary to popular belief, does a lot of important work) is not a mature way to approach the situation. You also forget the vast number of redundancies in London's financial district, it was a bloodbath there for a while.

Edit, Massive derail, whoops.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Tank

Quote from: "SSY"
Quote from: "Tank"The annoying thing though is that are the wankers, sorry bankers, that caused this mess taking the hit? Are they fuck! The people least ably to cope with the effects of the credit crunch are taking the brunt of the pain to give those greedy pigs a free ride!  lol

However I would contend that within the banking sector the people that suffered most were possibly the underlings?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SSY

I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you, but I know the job market was terrible for a while, in part because of all the experienced people now on the market.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick