Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

My graduating Ninja class.

I'm third from the left in the last row.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

I didn't put the beans in the sauce but "they" say pasta is ungood so I'll probably substitute some beans for noodles.
The complainers probably won't like this though so they probably won't get many beans.

Mushrooms were $10kg on Wed and $6 Fri so there's about 2kg.
Tomatoes were cheap $1.50 but not high quality so I didn't use canned ones.
"They" say I should use fresh but I used jar garlic from dog knows where.
Basil, oregano weren't fresh, curry was the powdered stuff.
Carrots were cheap $1kg but I'm not too keen on them.
Onions were $2.50 which is steep for onions.
Capsicum $3.50 is OK, I like capsicums, there's about a kg there.
Zucchini were $3.50, I'd prefer them cheaper, I should grow some.
Silverbeet was $1.50, put the leaves in even though the critics don't like them.

Bad Penny II

I've got the kookas doing noise abatement duty.

"Oh, I've been underground for years, my first minute in the light and I've already made a friend.  :)"

Na that's rubbish:
"Save me HAF, start a crowd funding page, quiiick!"

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

jumbojak

No filters. I did tweak some of the red from the river out and it's an HDR image, to get contrast in the shadows, but other than that it's a long exposure shot. It's a bit out of focus. Tricky to manually focus when you can barely see with your eyes and the viewfinder is a pitch black hole.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on December 15, 2019, 01:02:20 AM
A night shot.

I like that image very much, with the overall blue giving a very dreamy atmosphere. Glad you didn't over-HDR it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I try to minimize the appearance of HDR. When it's obvious it's obvious and it doesn't look good. For jobs like this it's a useful to see what the eye might.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one