News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Do you believe in the HolocausT?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 09, 2017, 03:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on October 10, 2017, 04:26:42 AMHow many warnings do they get? I forgot.

There isn't a hard and fast rule--we try to follow the lenient spirit of Whitney's rule enforcement process, but are generally somewhat stricter with somebody like SisterAgatha. Usually a third post deemed worthy of a warning for trolling or preaching will result in a suspension. I suspect that SisterAgatha has better things to attend to anyway, like homework.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Guardian85

I have been to the Sachsenhausen consentration camp. They really do exist! I reccomend going to one if you can, it is quite an eye-opener.

And 6 million were not killed in the camps.
11 million were. People are quick to remember the jewish victims, but they killed Romani, homosexuals, Jehova's Vitnesses, disabled people, and political prisoners as well(and those are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head).

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dragonia

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 09, 2017, 03:10:52 AM
Apparently the Holocaust is up for debate! I never knew!

I was talking to Sister Bellarmine about this subject. Apparently there are alll manner of historians who question it, and for some reason they get tossed into prison instead of getting a fair shake.

I am new to this topic, but according to my colleague.

1. 6 million jews were not gassed by Hitler.

2. Most of the deaths occurred from disease, starvation and overwork as opposed to genoicde.

3. There are still literally thousands of holocaust survivors.

Then again..Sister Bellarmine seems to really have an axe to grind with Jews generally.

Any ideas?
Sister Agatha, are you just going down a list of subjects that get people's ire up? This is a super effective one!
You should really stop listening to "Sister Bellarmine" and start doing your own reading and researching. You ask us what we think, and Any Ideas?
What the hell do you think that we think about this?  It's a very stupid question, and an obvious way of trying to stir shit up while still trying to appear like "you're just SOOOO curious". 
I think I'm not going to respond to your stupidity any more. I can't stand you. What do you think? Any Ideas?  :puke:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dragonia on October 10, 2017, 11:43:10 PM
Sister Agatha, are you just going down a list of subjects that get people's ire up?

This is my guess.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 11, 2017, 04:00:46 AM
Quote from: Dragonia on October 10, 2017, 11:43:10 PM
Sister Agatha, are you just going down a list of subjects that get people's ire up?

This is my guess.

Undoubtedly.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.