News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Should we respect others’ religions?

Started by Red_Cloud, September 28, 2019, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Cloud

Should we respect others' religions?
This has probably been asked before but I didn't find it here on HAF.
Oh yes! . . And what is a cult compared to a "proper" religion?

https://list25.com/25-most-bizarre-religions-that-actually-exist/

Take a look at some in this list above. They have the most bizarre rituals and beliefs you could imagine, but no more bizarre than the mainstream religions.
:o :o :o :o

Tank

I'll respect a persons right to follow a religion. Beyond that? It's their behaviour and attitude to others that counts.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Red_Cloud

With all these atheist churches that are springing up - Sunday Assembly I think they call it  - there is probably one near me.  It isn't something I would want to get involved with but many of you folk here could get coloured booklets printed up and go round you local streets spreading the gospel. No, not the gospel, what is the word I'm looking for? 
The men dressed in dark suits the ladies in pretty dresses, oh! and take a few cute kids with you and your grandmother. Do like the Morons and Jehoshaphat's do. Don't knock on my door; I wont be in! :-X :'(