News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

I Know You're Not Psychatrists...

Started by Arturo, July 26, 2017, 02:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on July 28, 2017, 06:29:06 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 28, 2017, 12:33:36 AM
Joeactor I took the 3 classes for acting in high school because at that point I planned on being an actor. I was also in two plays for the church I used to go to.

I remember being in the 3rd class in high school and only one time I felt what you were describing. The teacher had me and a girl act out a scene in which we argued and that was the only time (in the times I acted)  it felt real. Like a real connection with someone where we knew what we were supposed to do.

I was afraid to hurt her feelings but after so long the acting became more like a recreation of actual events.

It can definitely tap into real feelings. Like Gloucester says, a competent therapist can help you understand and process what happens with acting and role play.

There's always risk in life. Just depends if the reward is worth the work.

You know I was also thinking of people who are complete pricks about things they think about you that are totally false. I was kind of curious on how to deal with these things because I know some people ignore them, but other people challenge it. But when you are in a group of people, what is the best way to handle these kinds of people? Some people ignore and then others think they are letting people walk all over them. Other people challenge and then get ignored. So what is the best way to handle these kinds of people?

I don't know if you people have the answer to this but I thought I'd open the room for discussion.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on July 28, 2017, 08:32:26 PM
You know I was also thinking of people who are complete pricks about things they think about you that are totally false. I was kind of curious on how to deal with these things because I know some people ignore them, but other people challenge it. But when you are in a group of people, what is the best way to handle these kinds of people? Some people ignore and then others think they are letting people walk all over them. Other people challenge and then get ignored. So what is the best way to handle these kinds of people?

I don't know if you people have the answer to this but I thought I'd open the room for discussion.

It's a tough call. Can be very dependent on the exact scenario. I've either ignored such people, or used comedy to openly mock them. Not easy to do, and only works if the rest of the group thinks the mocking is funny. Plus, you could make an enemy. Or they might be armed (in the good ole' U S of A)

On rare occasions, I'll just challenge them directly.

People are not easy to deal with at times...

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on July 28, 2017, 11:11:08 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 28, 2017, 08:32:26 PM

It's a tough call. Can be very dependent on the exact scenario. I've either ignored such people, or used comedy to openly mock them. Not easy to do, and only works if the rest of the group thinks the mocking is funny. Plus, you could make an enemy. Or they might be armed (in the good ole' U S of A)

On rare occasions, I'll just challenge them directly.

People are not easy to deal with at times...

I usually ignore them as well. Or try to. It takes a lot of mental power to do so and not ruminate on them.

I find that trait was magnified when I had my psychotic break down and do forth after. Even living with someone who was very worthy of being ignored, I could very well ignore them when I wanted to until I had my psychosis.

Now I usually confront the person. Which isn't healthy because it makes me mad and it goes on for too long.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I think I have resolved what I was saying in here.
     Arturo The1  リ壱