News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I shall make a sacrifice to the Great Grey One as well.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Good luck Buddy!  Would Vinnie make a good trail horse?

The Black Jester

Coffee and HAF, a nice Saturday morning...
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on July 07, 2012, 03:19:23 PM
Good luck Buddy!  Would Vinnie make a good trail horse?

He seems to immensely enjoy it when I take him. Very relaxing for the both of us.

Quote from: The Black Jester on July 07, 2012, 03:20:18 PM

Just finished my coffee.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Black Jester

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 07, 2012, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 07, 2012, 03:23:05 PM

Me too!  :)

What is this "finishing" of coffee, of which you speak?  For me, there is no "finishing," there is merely pausing briefly before the next gallon or so.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

Buddy

Quote from: The Black Jester on July 07, 2012, 03:31:10 PM

What is this "finishing" of coffee, of which you speak?  For me, there is no "finishing," there is merely pausing briefly before the next gallon or so.

Anything over three cups a day is dangerous for my sanity.

DeterminedJuliet

I only let myself have one cup a day, otherwise I get addicted and jittery. Not good.

Oh, I do enjoy that one cup, though. *looks off dreamily*
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Same here.  I try to cap myself at 3 cups, but I rarely stick to that. 

Buddy

My last history teacher would drink about four cups in a seventy minute period. I never understood how he didn't have a heart attack. Cool guy though,  Russian.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 07, 2012, 03:33:09 PM

Anything over three cups a day is dangerous for my sanity.

"Sanity"?  What is this "Sanity" of which you speak?...
The Black Jester

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 07, 2012, 03:37:13 PM
My last history teacher would drink about four cups in a seventy minute period. I never understood how he didn't have a heart attack. Cool guy though,  Russian.
Natural selection has killed off all Russians incapable of surviving toxic levels of alcohol and caffeine.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Black Jester

My first physics teacher in High School drank about four cups of Irish coffee in a 50 minute period.  I never understood how he didn't get fired.  Cool guy, though, alcoholic.
The Black Jester

DeterminedJuliet

If I was a high school teacher, I'd probably want to drink on the job, too.

Ali

I think some people are less susceptible to the effects of caffeine than others.  Your history teacher and I would be in that category.  I've never made myself sick or jittery with coffee, and I can drink it any time of the day or night and it doesn't keep me up.  I also don't get headaches or sick if I skip it for a couple of days.  But I do crave it, which makes me think my body likes the caffeine an awful lot.