News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Loch Ness Monster seen as real dinosaur in biology books taught in Louisiana

Started by Java, June 27, 2012, 09:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Hahaha! "double click left butt cheek"
Hmmm, I'm working on a couple of user guides right now. I wonder if I could work this in there...
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 08, 2012, 01:25:52 PM
Hahaha! "double click left butt cheek"
Hmmm, I'm working on a couple of user guides right now. I wonder if I could work this in there...
What a spanking good idea!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2012, 11:01:47 AM
Yes but then which way around would he face in your hand? If he faced towards your wrist the scroll wheel would be in his butt crack and you'd be click 'left buttock' or 'right buttock'. If he faced the other way you'd be continually poking him in the eyes and using his lips as the scroll device; which means he'd probably bite you. Thus I don't think Asmo would make a suitable mouse replacement.

Funny how we take these things for granted, it seems so obvious to me how to use a mouse, if teaching another people the first thing I'd assume is that they also knew how to use it properly.

This one guy mentioned something that I think is very true, computers are one of the many things that younger generations know more about than older generations. It seems odd to some and the reverse of the natural order of things. I was already older than the age that people are exposed to PC these days when my father got his first PC -  I was around 10 or 11 - but he didn't let anyone really use it. People of my age are like the first or last of a "transitional species" :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 08, 2012, 11:01:47 AM
Quote from: OldGit on July 08, 2012, 09:23:51 AM
Referring to a 'mouse' is very confusing to old people.  They might try to use a real mouse, and get bitten.  We should call the computer version an 'Asmo'. ;)
Yes but then which way around would he face in your hand? If he faced towards your wrist the scroll wheel would be in his butt crack and you'd be click 'left buttock' or 'right buttock'. If he faced the other way you'd be continually poking him in the eyes and using his lips as the scroll device; which means he'd probably bite you. Thus I don't think Asmo would make a suitable mouse replacement.

*just considered orienting Asmo on his back and decided not to describe the inverted reversed control set up!*

I almost want to put googly eyes on my mouse now.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ecurb Noselrub

I just want everyone to know that the Loch Ness Monster really does exist, for what it's worth.  I have a Polaris pool cleaner in my swimming pool, and we have named her "Nessie."  She travels around the pool sucking up dirt and bugs, has a long tail, and terrifies my grandchildren.  They demand that I take Nessie out of the pool before they go swimming.

markmcdaniel

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 23, 2012, 02:47:02 AM
I just want everyone to know that the Loch Ness Monster really does exist, for what it's worth.  I have a Polaris pool cleaner in my swimming pool, and we have named her "Nessie."  She travels around the pool sucking up dirt and bugs, has a long tail, and terrifies my grandchildren.  They demand that I take Nessie out of the pool before they go swimming.
Perhaps if you rename it Champy it will all get better.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

OldGit

Quote from: BruceThey demand that I take Nessie out of the pool before they go swimming.

Quite right!  It might be the gobble-up monster.

Amicale

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 23, 2012, 02:47:02 AM

:D Cute! And I don't blame them at all. My kiddo isn't fond of pool cleaners, either. She has reasonably long hair for her age, and loves wearing frilly bathing suits, so she's always worried that the pool cleaner will detach itself from the bottom of the pool and hunt her down and in her words "suck me up and eat me for dinner!"

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

LOL

I used to love messing with the pool cleaner when I was young. My parents had to protect it from me, and not me from it. ;D

markmcdaniel

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2012, 07:40:24 PM
LOL

I used to love messing with the pool cleaner when I was young. My parents had to protect it from me, and not me from it. ;D
This would explain a lot. No wonder that the other pool cleaners feel the need to terrorize other kids. Its the low self esteem.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: markmcdaniel on July 23, 2012, 09:40:06 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2012, 07:40:24 PM
LOL

This would explain a lot. No wonder that the other pool cleaners feel the need to terrorize other kids. Its the low self esteem.

Could be, but this isn't necessarily the case. Some pool cleaners found a good ally in me when it came to terrorising other kids. ;)