News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Pro-Science outreach project

Started by Whitney, July 24, 2010, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

A friend forwarded me this message from Abbie Smith of ERV.

QuoteIve got this 'cause' Im currently pushing, and I think you all in Texas might be into it too (not just you Dallas, folk, but all of the TX groups).  :-D

http://scienceblogs.com/erv/2010/07/son ... rontie.php

For every $15 you donate, he will send a copy of the CD to a school of your choice + a message.  Because of our common 'science education issues' in OK and TX, I thought you all might be interested as a group (or your members
individually) in throwing in a donation to get this CD sent to some rural TX schools where they might be getting a questionable science education, and they certainly dont have access to any working scientists.

And you arent charged anything if he doesnt reach his pledge goal.

I think this is a great pro-science, pro-family cause to support (and Ill admit my personal bias-- TONS of the scientists Monty has worked with are women, and more women scientist role models the better).

Just an idea-- please forward this to any groups you think might be interested (or ignore me if you think this is stupid, LOL! no harm, no foul).

--Abbie (ERV)