News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

HAF Age Distribution Census

Started by Recusant, July 21, 2016, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

I'm sure that there will be some dissatisfaction with how this poll is laid out. A 36 year old may not like the idea of being lumped in with 40 year olds, for instance. Suggestions for improving it will be considered. I'm not telling whether I voted already or not . ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

I'm in the 30-35 demographic. Mid-1985 model.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Waiting eagerly to see if anyone clicks the "over 100 yrs" button.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I just noticed one problem with the poll, there are two options for 30 (and 20, 40, 50...). :P I would have liked to have chosen the 30 grouped with the late twenties but now I'm officially in my thirties, so...

Likewise, there are two options for every mid decade.

Maybe edit it so that it's

10-14
15-19
20-24
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

tresting mumbers
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Thank you for doing this, Recusant:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

There are no vampires here.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

joeactor

Interesting topic - thanks Rec!

I'm a 1963 Chevy Impala (with rich Corinthian leather...)

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2016, 12:19:29 PM
I just noticed one problem with the poll, there are two options for 30 (and 20, 40, 50...). :P I would have liked to have chosen the 30 grouped with the late twenties but now I'm officially in my thirties, so...

Likewise, there are two options for every mid decade.

Maybe edit it so that it's

10-14
15-19
20-24

I thought the ambiguity was a feature, not a bug.  :)

I'm willing to change it if people want the ambiguity removed.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Khool thread. I predict that our ages are distributed all over the lot. So much the better. To hell with generation gaps. We are all in this world together.

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on July 22, 2016, 04:54:53 AM
No one 30, or younger, yet?  :unsure:
Depressing. :(

Not even The Asmo, who is notoriously Omniaged, can claim that slice of the cake any more.  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick