News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hello from the PNW!

Started by Project4Two, May 04, 2018, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Project4Two

I am Justin and I am from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Olympic Peninsula of Washington State to be specific. I'm a gamer, space/science nerd and I enjoy photography and hanging out with my dog, Calvin. He's next to the goofy guy with the beard.

I grew up in the church but fortunately my parents weren't too strict about religion and I don't have a horror story when I admitted to them (and myself) that I was an atheist. I was lucky.

Anyway that's a bit about me. Glad to be part of the community. Looking forward to good times!

xSilverPhinx

Hello and welcome, Justin!

I get the feeling you'll fit right in, we have:

• Space/science nerds, check
  • Dog lovers, check (:secrets1: there are some kat lovers in our midst, but ignore them :P )
  • People who enjoy photography, check. Maybe you would be interested in joining in our monthly photography challenges? Here's the link to this month's: HAF Photo Challenge: The Five Elements
The only rule I think is you have to have taken the photos yourself, and that your photos have something to with the theme (some themes allow a number of interpretations).  Winner gets to choose the theme for next month's challenge.

I'm sure we have some gamers 'round here... What kind of games do you like to play?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Project4Two

Now I am even more excited. Looks like there is even more to see and do around here than I thought! The photography challenge looks amazing. I've been walking to and from work and trying to take my camera with me as often as I can so that would work.

My go to right now is Out of the Park Baseball (text based baseball sim) but I have been playing a lot of Far Cry 5 and various Switch games. I jump all over the place to be honest.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Project4Two. Is your dog one of the well-represented category known as "Labrador mix"? Regardless, he looks like a good companion.

I'm glad you found your way to this site, and I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Welcome to our little space, Project4Two. Hope you will enjoy interacting with other atheists, some nerdy, others very cool (modesty forbids my naming them). You should definitely take part in the photography challenges.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Project4Two

Quote from: Recusant on May 05, 2018, 01:38:46 AM
Hello and welcome to HAF, Project4Two. Is your dog one of the well-represented category known as "Labrador mix"? Regardless, he looks like a good companion.

I'm glad you found your way to this site, and I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

:spagwelcome:

He's an amazing companion. I'd have to say Lab mix is probably most accurate. I think he's got some pit and boxer in him as well. When he moves right you can see the pit muscle structure in his body. He's very stout. Then he's got a glimpse of a boxer snout if you look at him right lol.

We've been through a lot the last few years. Not sure if I would have made it through without him. I always laughed at people who talked about rescuing a dog but in reality the dog rescued them. Always thought it was a bit cheesy. Until now. Its so true.

Tank

Welcome Calvin!

You can bring your beardy friend anytime!

Hi Justin

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Fellow dog friend :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Hey Justin and hey Doggo Calvin!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Quote from: Project4Two on May 05, 2018, 06:39:49 AMHe's an amazing companion. I'd have to say Lab mix is probably most accurate. I think he's got some pit and boxer in him as well. When he moves right you can see the pit muscle structure in his body. He's very stout. Then he's got a glimpse of a boxer snout if you look at him right lol.

We've been through a lot the last few years. Not sure if I would have made it through without him. I always laughed at people who talked about rescuing a dog but in reality the dog rescued them. Always thought it was a bit cheesy. Until now. Its so true.

Labs get around.  :lol:

I agree that dogs often have a great positive impact on people's lives. People certainly got the better part of the bargain when they made friends with the formidable Canis lupus.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Welcome to the forum for both of you. 

Magdalena

Hello, Justin, from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.
:computerwave:
Welcome.

I agree with you, the Pacific Northwest is beautiful.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Project4Two

Thank you all for the very kind welcome. Excited to be part of the community.

OldGit

Greetings and welcome, P4T!  Love to Calvin, too.