News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

what is the worst job you can imagine doing

Started by billy rubin, April 06, 2024, 03:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

some people like their jobs. some people hate their jobs. i was reading the news and got distracted by some clickbait

which was a success for the clickbait

and then it occurred to me that the worst job i coul dimagine having right now would be having to write things like this in order to make a living

QuoteCaught off guard

One of the teachers, Miss Clara, quickly entered the principal's office and closed the door behind her. "Shit, Eric! What was that? Who is that girl?" she whispered, completely caught off guard by what had just happened. "That's what I'm going to find out now, he muttered as he looked through one of his drawers.

The unexpected appearance of the mysterious girl has clearly left Miss Clara and Eric, the principal, bewildered. Their hushed conversation and the search for answers suggest that something intriguing or perhaps even concerning has just occurred. The unfolding story is sure to reveal more about the girl's identity and the secrets that may lie ahead

i would strangle innocent passersby before i would succeed in writing very much like this.

what would you hate to do for a living?

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

Icarus

Here are several jobs that I would do my best to avoid. For starters, I wouldn't want to be a cop, the worst job for me would be a utility worker doing repair work in large sewers...........I am claustrophobic. A job as a miner would not work very well for me either.Nor would I want to be one of those full time painters who work every day on the Golden Gate bridge, or any other high elevation job. I'm a pussy because I am acrophobic.   

Dark Lightning

You're not a pussy for the way your brain is wired. I see videos of guys who climb to the top of towers to replace the flashing bulbs that alert aircraft to their presence. There are steps/stairs to some level, and then they have to free climb. Those towers swing in the wind, to boot. Crazy, for me. When I look out at heights, I get vertigo. I really don't like that sensation. I recalled a memory to my mother many years ago. I was with her mother and my eldest sister, and my grandmother was watering plants. There was a mirror leaning against the wall of that room. I looked into the mirror and it looked to me like a hole (I am extremely nearsighted) that I could fall into and end up in the basement. My mother says I was maybe 18 months old, given my description of the situation. Wild. I knew that there was a basement at that age. I guess that the mirror was reflecting a dark ceiling; I'll never know.

Asmodean

I want a pretty high degree of problem solving in my day-to-day, which I have. Within my sphere of work, I do not enjoy personnel responsibility. I don't like somebody else's job having to depend on the way I do my own. Generally speaking, I easily get bored doing "robot work." I have a high threshhold for acting out on boredom, and can be "just-bored" for longer than any-one else I know personally, but eight hours a day, five days a week, 2000-some hours a year manning a stamping machine or putting together IKEA furniture... Yeah. Don't want to. I'd do it, but I would not be content doing it for very long.

In the realm of jobs I'm not qualified for, I suppose it would be kindergarten or primary school teacher. Kids tend to annoy me when they are in their "squeaky years."

But what I think would drive me from a job quicker than anything, is unproductiveness. I will tolerate having to look after people and even be surrounded by children as long as I am accomplishing something. I think the worst job I imagine, is "getting paychecks for nothing" - no stake, no responsibility, no product generated by my effort. Pride. Some say it's a sin. Well, I want to be proud of what I do, and to do that, I need to achieve certain goals doing it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

My worst job would be a job in where I'd have to lie continuously or cover up other people's mistakes, so something like being Biden's White House Press secretary.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Hmm... Spindoctor... Yeah... No, I'd do it. One could derive professional pride from a particularly well-spun narrative. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on April 06, 2024, 03:05:11 PMsome people like their jobs. some people hate their jobs. i was reading the news and got distracted by some clickbait

which was a success for the clickbait

and then it occurred to me that the worst job i coul dimagine having right now would be having to write things like this in order to make a living

QuoteCaught off guard

One of the teachers, Miss Clara, quickly entered the principal's office and closed the door behind her. "Shit, Eric! What was that? Who is that girl?" she whispered, completely caught off guard by what had just happened. "That's what I'm going to find out now, he muttered as he looked through one of his drawers.

The unexpected appearance of the mysterious girl has clearly left Miss Clara and Eric, the principal, bewildered. Their hushed conversation and the search for answers suggest that something intriguing or perhaps even concerning has just occurred. The unfolding story is sure to reveal more about the girl's identity and the secrets that may lie ahead

i would strangle innocent passersby before i would succeed in writing very much like this.

what would you hate to do for a living?

:rofl: I suppose we may get to thank AI at some point in the future.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

zorkan

Funny how some people really do want a job that is dull and soul destroying.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: zorkan on April 12, 2024, 11:34:06 AMFunny how some people really do want a job that is dull and soul destroying.

Hey! I take exception to that.
Anyway, I'm in the process of becoming a spiritual accountant like Amber.

QuoteAmber Jacobs: An articulate, friendly woman looks into the camera and introduces herself as, wait for it, the spiritual accountant. She makes a whole bunch of claims, including the bizarre idea that tax is not compulsory.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

zorkan

But they do want you to work in order to pay taxes, and any old dead-end job will do.
Truth is all jobs are dead-end.
I once knew a very bright woman.
Her CV read Oxford University degree in quantum physics followed by qualifying as a chartered accountant.
She ended up as a payroll clerk.
Problem was, she was so boring and so it suited her.

Icarus

^ an exceptional mind is a terrible thing to waste.

zorkan

I felt like saying to her why don't you use that brain.
Software engineering might have been a good role for her.
Her social skills were very poor but being with slightly crazy people might have been to her benefit.
I suspect that someone had told her about accountancy and she believed it.

That was my route. Started taking accountancy exams, but found it deadly dull.
Moved to software engineering and so much happier with the challenge and the oddball people!