News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Bookmark this for when you want a good laugh.

Started by ThinkAnarchy, May 29, 2011, 05:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

I can't get past the...

Giant Hairy Beavers

I just can't.

The visual is mindnumbing.

Such is my mind...
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Crocoduck

That site is very much like drdino.com which used to be run by Kent Hovind but is now run by his son Eric because Kent is doing some time for tax fraud.
Both are a disturbing mix of Young Earth Creationism, Pseudoscience and Conspiracy Theory.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

statichaos

I can't even laugh at these anymore.  It's like mocking mentally retarded schizophrenics.

Reprobate

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 29, 2011, 05:03:43 AM
http://www.6000years.org/

There is really nothing to say other than to visit it when you want an easy read for laughs.

Hopefully this site has never been posted before. I can't remember how I discovered it, but have had it bookmarked for a while and read it every so often.

It's hard to imagine that anyone that stupid could exist. I'm going to have to assume that this sight is either parody or an outrageous intentional lie.

Amicale

Quote from: statichaos on February 20, 2012, 09:47:23 AM
I can't even laugh at these anymore.  It's like mocking mentally retarded schizophrenics.

Statichaos, I do like you and generally enjoy your posts here, but as a favour, would you please not refer to schizophrenics as being mentally retarded? Thank you.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Dredge

The Shroud of Turin is compelling.  The main argument against its authenticity is its age, according to radioactive dating.  But my understanding of such a dating method is that results are unreliable.  It's also interesting that nothing like this Shroud is known to exist. It is unique.
So now the burning question is:  How tall was Jesus?  The Shroud can tell us!
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dredge on January 02, 2017, 10:43:43 AM
The Shroud of Turin is compelling.  The main argument against its authenticity is its age, according to radioactive dating.  But my understanding of such a dating method is that results are unreliable.  It's also interesting that nothing like this Shroud is known to exist. It is unique.

Your natural fibres shrink though, I know this because I've bought clothes loose, non restricting, with room to move, the way I like.  But a few years later they're tight.

Anyway you say "The" Shroud of Turin, which suggest a claim of exclusivity to me.
I've just measured MY Shroud of Turin and Jesus is about 4' 6"
Allowing for shrinkage I reckon he'd of been a nine footer at least.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Compelling to those prone to being compelled mayve.

Read this and be educated.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Pasta Chick

The main argument against its authenticity is that wrapping a cloth around a sphere does not produce a flat image. Try it. Paint your face and press it into a cloth. I promise it will look nothing like the shroud.

Recusant

There are a number of arguments against the authenticity of the "Shroud of Turin." For instance, there is no credible provenance for it previous to its first appearance in the 14th century. It is well documented that in 1389, the Bishop of Troyes wrote a letter to the pope Clement VII in which he described its origin as the work of an artist who'd admitted as much (source). Your claim that the "Shroud" is "unique" ignores the fact that during the era in which it made its first public appearance, there were a number of such items in circulation. At least four of those (held by Besançon, Cadouin, Champiègne, and Xabregas) were claimed to be "authentic" (ibid.). As you can see above, there are other issues as well, but I don't expect you're going to take any more time to actually answer responses to your post than you did in the other thread, so I'm not going to waste any more time on this.

This site is fairly easy-going, but if you continue to post items while neglecting and/or refusing to interact with other members, it will be considered a violation of our rule against preaching. This is an official reminder of the rules of this site, which you should have already read.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken