News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Help! Creationist Argument

Started by kelltrill, April 06, 2010, 01:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkocommie

Quote from: "TomThumb"Am I the only one who finds Mr Weiler's argument utterly compelling?

Seeing as though this is an atheist forum - yes, most likely.  :D

What do you find compelling about his arguments?  I mean, specifically?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

TomThumb

Quote from: "pinkocommie"
Quote from: "TomThumb"Am I the only one who finds Mr Weiler's argument utterly compelling?

I just feel that his theory carries so much weight that only an irrational person could disagree with it.

i_am_i

Quote from: "TomThumb"
Quote from: "pinkocommie"

I just feel that his theory carries so much weight that only an irrational person could disagree with it.

That theory being what, in a nutshell?
Call me J

Sapere aude

TomThumb

That theory being what, in a nutshell?[/quote]

That dinosaurs are overgrown lizards.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "TomThumb"That dinosaurs are overgrown lizards.

Are you joking?

*edited to fix crazy block quote fail

TomThumb

i_am_i

Quote from: "i_am_i"That theory being what, in a nutshell?

Gotcha, you're not to be taken seriously. Congratulations, you are now the new village idiot!
Call me J

Sapere aude

pinkocommie

QuoteAre you joking?

No

Okee dokee.  Well.  I don't know what to say.  I disagree.  Also, I would love proof that the concept that dinosaurs are overgrown lizards has scientifically been proved to the point of being considered a theory.

Also, can you prove you're not a troll?  One word responses + calling something that outlandish a theory often =

TomThumb

QuoteAlso, can you prove you're not a troll?  
I can assure you that I am not a mythological Norse creature.

Cecilie

Trolls are very real. According to lots of books. Wait, what does that remind me of...?
The world's what you create.

pinkocommie

This isn't proof at all!  For all I know you could be using your knobby green little fingers to type out these posts in troll-land!  I assert that your very response is even MORE indicative of you being a troll!  The assertions I'm making are about as much of a 'theory' as the assertion that dinosaurs are overgrown lizards.  You would be irrational not to believe me!  =D

i_am_i

I believe you. If you were a mythological Norse creature you'd be marginally interesting.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Davin

Every single post:
Quote from: "TomThumb"Do atheists here accept the possibility that they will one day fall to their knees and accept Jesus as Lord?
Quote from: "TomThumb"Why?
Quote from: "TomThumb"I'm TomThumb in the place to be
I go to St. John's University
And since kinde-garten I acquired the knowledge
And after 12th grade I went straight to college
I'm light skinned, I live in Queens
And I love eatin chicken and collard greens
Quote from: "TomThumb"Can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly do.
Quote from: "TomThumb"Discuss

EDIT: I should clarify that I believe the man deserves respect. Total respect.
Quote from: "TomThumb"About 40/1
Quote from: "TomThumb"Does the video provide any evidence for the existence of Peter Gabriel?
Quote from: "TomThumb"Am I the only one who finds Mr Weiler's argument utterly compelling? Seeing as though this is an atheist forum - yes, most likely. :D What do you find compelling about his arguments? I mean, specifically? I just feel that his theory carries so much weight that only an irrational person could disagr...
Quote from: "TomThumb"No
Quote from: "TomThumb"Why haven't monarch butterflies changed?

The fossil record dates monarch butterflies back at least 6 million years, but they are no different than the monarch butterflies of today. Did evolution miss them? Does this prove evolution is flawed theory, like the theory of relativity?
Quote from: "TomThumb"Does anyone seriously believe that this incident is not a clear warning that Barack Obama is the Antichrist?
Quote from: "TomThumb"Please note that the Theory of Relativity is based on the assumption the Sun is a solid mass, something which we now know is not true.
Quote from: "TomThumb"I can assure you that I am not a mythological Norse creature.

Edit: fixed quote.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Cecilie

What's the image on the bottom? Can't see it. It's probably a smiley face of some sort.
The world's what you create.

Davin

Quote from: "Cecilie"What's the image on the bottom? Can't see it. It's probably a smiley face of some sort.
Just a random "Obvious Troll is Obvious" image.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.