News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Why I believe in ID.

Started by Squid, June 21, 2009, 04:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "Squid"And if I see the words "genetic" and "no new information" in any paragraph again I'm going to slap somebody with the entire 4 volume set of the Encyclopedia of Genetics.  

That is something i'd pay to see.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

hunterman317

This, to me, is like the witch scene in the holy grail. If you want to argue about the most important topic in the history of the universe, don't try to prove how it happened yourself. I assure that you can't.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence~
Bertrand Russell

The Government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion~
John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

Pray. Maybe the aliens will hear you~

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "hunterman317"This, to me, is like the witch scene in the holy grail. If you want to argue about the most important topic in the history of the universe, don't try to prove how it happened yourself. I assure that you can't.

Do you mean we will be dunked in a river for accepting Darwinian evolutionary theory?  :hmm:

Thumpalumpacus

I knew I needed a bath, I just didn't realize it was that obvious.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

KebertX

Quote from: "hunterman317"This, to me, is like the witch scene in the holy grail. If you want to argue about the most important topic in the history of the universe, don't try to prove how it happened yourself. I assure that you can't.

So if I weigh the same as a duck, I'm an evolutionist?

But I weigh more than a duck. So that means. . . I'm a terrorist! *Sets self on fire* *Jumps out nearest window*
"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

Asmodean

Quote from: "kubedwheel"If this creator were a being like the universe, a being that exists in time, then this creator would have to be created by something else.  This tells us that the creator must be an eternal being that exists outside of time.
Did I ever mention how flawed this is?

What makes you think that there must be a creator outside of the concept of linear time? Why can not the creator in turn have been created and so on and so forth unto infinity?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.