News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The Man Who Fell to Earth

Started by Biggus Dickus, January 16, 2016, 03:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

A repository for some good Bowie music.

And check this out, I found an old ticket sub I saved from an 1983 concert, David Bowie at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, "Serious Moonlight Tour 83"

Great Show!

...more to come.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

I fell down a YouTube hole of Bowie duets yesterday. These were my favorites.

Biggus Dickus

Gilmore and Bowie together, what an excellent pairing, especially for this song, which is performed so well. Concert goers were fortunate to be treated to such a wonderful performance and special guest.

I also like the white stoner dude dancing after the six minute mark, superb rhythm ;D

Reznor and Bowie performing Hurt together is just as awesome, don't you love the smile from Trent around the 2 minute mark when him and Bowie sing together?

Trent and David being interviewed together by Kurt Loder on MTV.

..."He's got a Bowies on his back, which is better than a monkey"!

Biggus Dickus

Man Who Sold The World

...and the awesome "Moonage Daydream".

Pasta Chick

I absolutely love that Bowie and Reznor are just pals. They just chill and rock out.

On the flip side, Bowie Hilariously Turns Down Coldplay Collaboration Because They Suck

Pasta Chick

While not a huge role, I think my favorite Bowie role. The whole movie is worth watching.

And while not an acting role, my favorite use of Bowie in a soundtrack. I've always loved Tarantino's use of music in films, and this is also one of my favorite examples of that.

SPOILERS for Inglorious Basterds, if for some crazy reason you haven't seen it yet but plan to.

Biggus Dickus

I love Bowie's response to Coldplay when he said,... 'It's not one of your best".

I haven't seen Prestige. I remember seeing the trailers when the movie was coming out and wanting to see it, but some how it just skipped off my radar. I'll have to watch it soon...watched a couple spots last night on YouTube after watching the clip below and it looks very interesting.

Without having seen Prestige, my favorite Bowie performance is in the movie, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. Awesome movie, directed by Nagisa Oshima along with a beautiful musical score. Bowie was fantastic in this movie, and it is worth seeing if you haven't already.

I love how Tarantino doesn't use music simply to create a sense of period, I mean he could have easily picked some random song from the 40's to play while Shoshanna is preparing in this scene, but instead he picks this great track by Bowie. So even though she is set in a specific period of time, the events and things she is dealing with seem to be happening in an alternate reality.

I had forgotten about this clip from the movie, good pick PC.

Seeing David perform this song in Detroit was a special treat, as he always didn't perform it...

Claireliontamer

I can't believe no-one has mentioned 'Labyrinth' yet. 

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 21, 2016, 02:09:04 PM
I can't believe no-one has mentioned 'Labyrinth' yet. 

My son-in-laws favorite, Labyrinth...

Here's a great live performance DAVID BOWIE Live at the BBC Radio Theatre

Pasta Chick

So, I'm still prone to randomly crying while listening to Bowie, so I've been pretty off and on about things.

This morning I heard a theory that Blackstar is the final chapter in the Major Tom saga.