News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Member News (that fits no-where else)

Started by Dave, September 30, 2018, 11:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Dave has risen from the nearly dead fo the 3rd time!

I was sort of bumbling along and tbis big  bloke of a cardiologist with a big voice, meeting and greating the nunirs  came to see me.

It boiled down to, "We'll take him off that diuretic,  off aspirin, put him on a fluids drip, no more than 1.5 litres fluid as drinks and a couple of  new meds.

6 hours later my BP monitor could t get a reading, too low for its range.  An hour last I was fighting for what I thought was my last breath. And I mean fighting. I was drowning.

The team went into action, each one knew their task. Three times this happened before I was taken to the ICU where another team of pros took over. Put on a high flow air/oxy system designed to dry out lungs (bloody uncomfortable and  noisy) was how I spent the night.

Back on oxy trickle feed today, run out of steam changing socks. Not many posts I fear (who said "hurray"  :foottap: )
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

That sucks Dave. It really puts my troubles into perspective, insignificant as they are.  :(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tom62

I'm glad that you've made it and that you are back. Life sucks, but being dead even more.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

That's good to hear, Dave.
:bravo:

I hope you are over the worst now and that you will be better every day.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Has the pain subsided?

Good to see you've kept your sense of humour! :grin:

Here's to a speedy recovery!

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

Essie Mae

Sounds v grim Dave. So glad you're here. Wishng  you a quick and complete recovery.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Dave on September 30, 2018, 11:02:42 AM
Dave has risen from the nearly dead fo the 3rd time!

I was sort of bumbling along and tbis big  bloke of a cardiologist with a big voice, meeting and greating the nunirs  came to see me.

It boiled down to, "We'll take him off that diuretic,  off aspirin, put him on a fluids drip, no more than 1.5 litres fluid as drinks and a couple of  new meds.

6 hours later my BP monitor could t get a reading, too low for its range.  An hour last I was fighting for what I thought was my last breath. And I mean fighting. I was drowning.

The team went into action, each one knew their task. Three times this happened before I was taken to the ICU where another team of pros took over. Put on a high flow air/oxy system designed to dry out lungs (bloody uncomfortable and  noisy) was how I spent the night.

Back on oxy trickle feed today, run out of steam changing socks. Not many posts I fear (who said "hurray"  :foottap: )

Close call. Glad you're still with us!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Thanks, Peeps - still here to bug ya!

Seeing patterns,  maybe two lines, one real one psychosomatic - five minutes of "I'm-gonna-die" with no instrumental indications of a probmem disappear with only a memory left. Can the psyche do a sneak, terminal, job on the soma without overt affect indications, Silver?

OldGit

Dave

Pneumonia plus lung infevtion - on strongest antibio.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dave on September 30, 2018, 11:02:42 AM

No hurray from me.  :daisies:  Glad you survived your close shave, and socks are over-rated anyway.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 01, 2018, 08:11:10 AM
Thanks, Peeps - still here to bug ya!

Seeing patterns,  maybe two lines, one real one psychosomatic - five minutes of "I'm-gonna-die" with no instrumental indications of a probmem disappear with only a memory left. Can the psyche do a sneak, terminal, job on the soma without overt affect indications, Silver?

Sorry Dave, I don't quite understand the question. :notsure: