News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The spurning of large families?

Started by SisterAgatha, January 11, 2018, 04:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Why is it that couples who have large families (in the realm of 7-10 kids) are look at as freakish and unnatural?

I think it is a sign of great love that people have large families. Sure there are more mouths to feed but so much joy and good cheer in the household.

I think people who buy into the "contracpetive mentality" are largely to blame. That is those people who think sex is just about a wild romp through the daisies and not about stabiilty,love, and most importantly bearing children.

It's like we as a society don't value the contribution and sacrifice of women who bear up to 7-8 children for the improvement of society, but we honor people who are physically attractive and get into trouble.

Magdalena

Do you have 7 - 10 children, Agatha?
Would you?
If not...
What are you waiting for?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on January 11, 2018, 04:03:07 PM
Why is it that couples who have large families (in the realm of 7-10 kids) are look at as freakish and unnatural?

Because they are freakish and unnatrual, in this day and age. In the past families of this size were more common because infant mortality was much higher. But in 1st world countries where the mortality rate has dropped dramatically having families this size is frankly selfish.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

I find it difficult to comment on this without saying things that I might regret.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Raps 247:
Would you?
If not...

How do you get a nun pregnant?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on January 11, 2018, 04:35:20 PM
Raps 247:
Would you?
If not...

How do you get a nun pregnant?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That's a bad joke. And she's not a nun.  :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: SisterAgatha on January 11, 2018, 04:03:07 PM

I think it is a sign of great love that people have large families. Sure there are more mouths to feed but so much joy and good cheer in the household.

I think people who buy into the "contracpetive mentality" are largely to blame. That is those people who think sex is just about a wild romp through the daisies and not about stabiilty,love, and most importantly bearing children.

It's like we as a society don't value the contribution and sacrifice of women who bear up to 7-8 children for the improvement of society, but we honor people who are physically attractive and get into trouble.

So women should become baby factories again? How on Earth is a woman who has 7-10 families going to find the time to develop professionally (if careers are still possible in most professions)?

Wait...don't answer...just ignore the questions like they weren't directed at you... ::)

Next you'll be telling us that a woman's place is in the kitchen feeding all those mouths, won't you?  :fingertap:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2018, 06:21:56 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 11, 2018, 04:47:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Exbxjr8.mp4

:lol: Okay...

I was very amused by that for a frighteningly long amount of time. I was going to post that somewhere else, but for some reason it felt right to post it here.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

Sister, pray tell why a man and wife would want to make more than two children.  Two children would be sufficient to maintain the status quo, which is in itself an unfortunate arrangement.  The earth is already over populated,  The earth has  a rapidly approaching limit for  supporting rampant population increases. 

Copulation, as a matter of reality, should be regraded as a friendly and pleasing encounter between consenting participants, not a propagation scheme. Surely God did not make us into sexual beings for the ultimate purpose of destroying his own world. 

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2018, 08:15:49 PM
Wait...don't answer...just ignore the questions like they weren't directed at you... ::)

:this:

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on January 12, 2018, 04:47:48 AM
Sister,

Please, let me remind you...*she/he is not a sister.

"She" lies, so we can't confirm, nor deny that 'she" is a woman.

Biggus Dickus

Oh look, here's another example of one of those wonderful, large, Christian Families abusing kids. How nice.

House of Horrors: Inside creepy Christian family who shackled and starved children
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 16, 2018, 05:33:18 PM
Oh look, here's another example of one of those wonderful, large, Christian Families abusing kids. How nice.

House of Horrors: Inside creepy Christian family who shackled and starved children

That is a sickening story about the sick things religion does to people and the effect that has on innocent kids.

Come on, Catholic Aggie, tell us why their god and ever loving lord, same one you worship, told them to have all those kids, then treat them like, or worse than, animals.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74