Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Just thinkin'
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 03:00:23 AM »
I've been Just Thinking/Talking to myself.

I don't think I belong here.
Maybe it's time for this witch  to fly over the Cuckoo's  nest on her queen size broom to the other side of the rainbow...If you know what I mean... :lol:

You don't know I mean, do you?  :(

OK.  :sad sigh:
Mags, what do you mean? My heart is sad reading this post. I'm not sure I want you to fly to the other side of the rainbow on your broom.
I don't know if you mean in your real life or on this forum. I hope you aren't talking about here.
But I so thoroughly understand a feeling of not belonging. I've felt the best of "belonging" and it was a wonderful few years. Now I live quite the opposite, in my real life location, and it's a fairly lonely place. It's a damn good thing I really enjoy my own company.
Anyway, I send you a hug from the other side of the country.  :hug:
Introductions / Re: Hello! New here
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 02:31:41 AM »
Hi LightLim!
I haven't really thought through my definition of "spirituality" since I de-converted (it's been a while, so maybe it's time to think about my new definition). So I have no good answer for that, but maybe I'll get back to you!  ;)
Introductions / Re: Oh my Cod
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 02:25:08 AM »
Oh, Cod, I am shaking my head reading through this thread.
Welcome to our clever forum! May you ever be amazed and delighted and inspired by these lovely, good-hearted people!
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 02:02:46 AM »
Can't help it Gene. When you feel like you need to say certain things but know you cant, for whatever reason, it drives you down in a hole. Some days I can peek over the side a bit but most I'm looking up and wondering what's going on. There are a few people who cheer me up but it's not enough sometimes.

I think I think roo much. Especially when I try not to think.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the weather?
« Last post by Harmonie on February 24, 2018, 11:21:42 PM »
It finally stopped raining! It's been raining for days and days and days. It never stopped. I got so tired of all of my clothes, shoes, and socks being soaked.

Even when it got down to near or below freezing it was still flipping rain. I hate this state. I hate it so much.

Global warming has come to Florida early this year.  Days have temps in the low 80s F and nights in the high 60s F... Spring has sprung!

Isn't that standard winter weather down in Florida?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the weather?
« Last post by Icarus on February 24, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »
Global warming has come to Florida early this year.  Days have temps in the low 80s F and nights in the high 60s F... Spring has sprung!
« Last post by Icarus on February 24, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »
Don't be thinking like that Mags. You too JJ. 
« Last post by BooksCatsEtc on February 24, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
I've been Just Thinking/Talking to myself.

I don't think I belong here.
Maybe it's time for this witch  to fly over the Cuckoo's  nest on her queen size broom to the other side of the rainbow...If you know what I mean... :lol:

You don't know I mean, do you?  :(

OK.  :sad sigh:

No, but it makes me very sad.   :(
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by Buddy on February 24, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
I usually settle down in a plains biome. Of course I play on peaceful mode so I get the fun parts of survival without the monsters
« Last post by Dave on February 24, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »
I think feelings of belonging are overrated. Having moved a lot while growing up I don't feel like I belong anywhere either, but I've come to the personal realisation that I no longer care. I stopped searching for my place in the world.

People are diverse...worldviews and opinions differ. There are generational differences. Cultural ones. Honestly, I think that if I was part of a group who thought exactly like me I would be bored out of my wits! :lol: (The others would too, therefore so much for that!)

After being shuffled hither and thither in the RAF for neatly 12 years I agree that location ain't all it's cracked up to be. Ok, nice if where you live supplies something special that nowhere else quite does but I agree that the culture, the people and other such things are more important to me.

I tried, a couple of times, to start a pub debating type group in Gloucester, three times actually, one specifically for sci-fi. Bit like a forum in a pub . . . No takers. I have no friends with similar interests to mine in any depth.

So, this forum is important to me, a place where I can explore and be supported or shot down in flames, or just agree to disagree!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10