Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 12:21:25 AM »
I've been apprehensive about my hip replacement for the last few weeks. It is scheduled for tomorrow morning, to be done by a very respected surgeon, who has performed thousands of these operations. I know it's not a big deal these days, and it usually is quite successful; nevertheless, I'm still quite grumpy about it. I hope to be back home by the weekend, if all goes well.

Try to behave yourselves while I'm away.

See you soon! :smilenod:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 12:19:20 AM »
Sorry to hear that, G85. :(

Hey hey it's the resident neuroscience publisher! Can I start calling you a neuroscientist yet?

In training. :P
Religion / Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?
« Last post by Arturo on May 23, 2018, 11:53:12 PM »
Not good, Dave. But, in the total end everything will be OK for those left alive. We estimate from 20 to 40 years all will be changed. No central governments or religions. We don't see a nuclear war tho. I'm not a 'diviner" or religious, no one in my group is. That's all hocus pokus.  Science rules.

Prophecy isn't anything special, it's knowing psychological trends--- a particular thought line (mental state) leads to it's result. That's what psychiatry is about---analyzing a mental condition and knowing where it goes and causes. I'm not a psychologist, but I know basics from my friends that are. One problem in psychology is, it can't predict when, only what.

Not to get picky but psychology is more a study of the individual. Sociology is the science of societies and the patterns to look for are in there. Not psychology. Although there is some overlap obviously, you mostly want to focus on sociology since that deals with issues of societies. But then there is that other one which name escapes me where they look at tribes and how they lived in the past. And that is kind of like the middle ground.
Religion / Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?
« Last post by Old Seer on May 23, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »
Not good, Dave. But, in the total end everything will be OK for those left alive. We estimate from 20 to 40 years all will be changed. No central governments or religions. We don't see a nuclear war tho. I'm not a 'diviner" or religious, no one in my group is. That's all hocus pokus.  Science rules.

Prophecy isn't anything special, it's knowing psychological trends--- a particular thought line (mental state) leads to it's result. That's what psychiatry is about---analyzing a mental condition and knowing where it goes and causes. I'm not a psychologist, but I know basics from my friends that are. One problem in psychology is, it can't predict when, only what.

Politics / Re: Deeper into the Trump Abyss.
« Last post by Dave on May 23, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »
Oh, dear . . .

Trump lawyer 'paid by Ukraine' to arrange White House talks

Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, received a secret payment of at least $400,000 (£300,000) to fix talks between the Ukrainian president and President Trump, according to sources in Kiev close to those involved.

The payment was arranged by intermediaries acting for Ukraine's leader, Petro Poroshenko, the sources said, though Mr Cohen was not registered as a representative of Ukraine as required by US law.

Mr Cohen denies the allegation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44215656
Laid Back Lounge / Re: All Things Dog
« Last post by Arturo on May 23, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »
I'm not reading this.
You must have started to know you wouldn't :D

I'm sorry what did you say? I think I should be in the GOOF thread because my hearing sucks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10