News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: Flora

Started by Recusant, October 20, 2019, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

I held up posting a new one till our xSilverPhinx was back from her break, then held it up some more due to life. Time now.

The theme for this photo challenge pertains to plant life, loosely interpreted as usual. From algae to the giant sequoia, the subject allows a nice scope.

Up to five images will be accepted from each member, and entries will be open for the next two to three weeks, depending on response. Of course I intend to give some warning before closing. Please send them to me preferably via PM, or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com. Cheers! :sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

A new Photo Challenge! :yes!:

Good theme!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

That's a s good theme, accessible to everyone, so we should get some beautiful entries.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

A couple of members have submitted entries, but I'm hoping for at least a few more.  :smilenod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

All the Flora is dying and the fauna is running scared from hunting season but I'll try to come up with something...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on November 05, 2019, 11:30:25 PM
A couple of members have submitted entries, but I'm hoping for at least a few more.  :smilenod:

:notes:

*adds a new post-it to the Post-it Wall with a reminder to submit photos*

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Quote from: jumbojak on November 08, 2019, 05:38:51 AMThere's one in the usual spot.

Thank you, jumbojak. I just checked and it's not showing. Please re-send it?
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

Quote from: Recusant on November 08, 2019, 02:04:11 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 08, 2019, 05:38:51 AMThere's one in the usual spot.

Thank you, jumbojak. I just checked and it's not showing. Please re-send it?

Hmm... I sent it in a regular email. The photo was showing as shared with you in Drive but, that's technology for you.

Recusant

I have it now, thanks. :)

It seems to me that the first email didn't get through at all.
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Mine will be in your message inbox later today! I just need to quickly escape from this networkless apartment go to a Wi-Fi oasis...

ETA: They should be there! ;D

xSilverPhinx

How's the digital garden coming along? :grin: