News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Which Conspiracy Theories do you Accept and Reject

Started by palebluedot, July 15, 2011, 01:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palebluedot

Do you think all conspiracy theories are rubbish or do you support any?

Me?  Well I am skeptical about most I hear about but the one "theory" that I do accept is that JFK's murder was not by the lone gunman.

What about the others?

Faked Moon landings
Diana's death
Illuminati

Any more?

The Magic Pudding

China is planning to make the red planet their own.

Davin

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 15, 2011, 02:41:17 PM
China is planning to make the red planet their own.
Using well trained dancing gerbils.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

OldGit

I don't know about the JFK shooting, but the shooting of Oswald by Jack Ruby was as fake as they come.

I'm quite sure Lady Diana was killed.  She had the world's media in a frenzy and looked likely to bring the monarchy down.  In the preceding two weeks I predicted,  loudly and often, that she would be killed, and I've plenty of witnesses to that.

hismikeness

The suspicious death surrounding Pat Tillman, the former NFL football player turned Army Ranger. The death was chalked up as "friendly fire", but the details are sketchy at best. It appears that his death was used as a pro-war propaganda.

See this letter from his father. It's powerful. The letter is posted in the insert box near the bottom of the page.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

palebluedot

Quote from: OldGit on July 15, 2011, 05:01:14 PM
I don't know about the JFK shooting, but the shooting of Oswald by Jack Ruby was as fake as they come.

I'm quite sure Lady Diana was killed.  She had the world's media in a frenzy and looked likely to bring the monarchy down.  In the preceding two weeks I predicted,  loudly and often, that she would be killed, and I've plenty of witnesses to that.

I'm not sure her death was planned but I really do think she was pregnant with the arab baby!   So because of the accident, Im sure many in the "esatblishment" were quite relieved!

palebluedot

You're being facetious, right?

Medusa

I thoroughly believe I am being watched. So I always make sure to wear my makeup and brush my hair before I leave the house....

*this is the cocoo thread, right? :P
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

ThinkAnarchy

I think there is something fishy about the JFK assassination. I'm not exactly sure who was behind it, but there are way to many odd things about it, for example, the secret service agent walking to the front of the vehicle just before he was shot. JFK was also not liked by other sections of the government.

There are several valid JFK conspiracy theories which are more likely than the story given by the government.

I also think they haven't told us everything about 9/11. I seriously doubt the Bush administration was responsible, I don't think they were intelligent enough to pull it off, but it is plausible they had information about it happening and did nothing to prevent it.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on July 15, 2011, 11:06:03 PM
I also think they haven't told us everything about 9/11. I seriously doubt the Bush administration was responsible, I don't think they were intelligent enough to pull it off, but it is plausible they had information about it happening and did nothing to prevent it.

I also can't wrap my mind around how they couldn't have known about it or why they didn't act accordingly. I'm not a 'truther' or one who believes that it was staged by the U.S government, but it is puzzling. 
On the other side it's all too easy to believe in the possible governmental motivations behind letting it happen, though I'm aware that just because something is easy to believe it doesn't necessarily make it true. It just looks a bit too much like the opportunity the government was waiting for to declare war on the Middle East, with it's massive oil depositaries.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Will

I'll only list a few since there are so many.

Believe:

The Tuskegee Experiment - In 1932, a small group inside the United States government began a program to study the effects of syphilis on human beings. While this in and of itself is fine, the method by which they studied the disease involved infecting a group of people, mostly black males, with the disease without their knowledge or permission. The experiment went on for years, and the test subjects were denied even the most basic care for their ailment. The study went on for roughly 40 years.

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident - On August 2, 1964, the USS Maddox, in the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of North Vietnam, engaged three North Vietnamese Naval vessels. A few days later, it was reported, the Maddox and a second vessel, the Turner Joy, were supposedly engaged again by North Vietnamese forces, and supposedly US Naval vessels were sunk in the attack. These two incidents were used as the primary reason for the United States going to war military conflict with North Vietnam. It turns out the second attack never happened.

Operation Mockingbird - From the 1950s to the 1970s, the CIA paid well-known journalists all over the world to publish CIA propaganda. Journalists at Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and CBS were outed during the Church Committee investigations.

Iran-Contra - In 1985 and 1986, the Reagan Administration illegally traded weapons to Iran, which was under an arms embargo, in exchange for the release of American hostages. The funds from the illegal sales of the weapons went to fund the Nicaraguan rebel alliance, the Contras, in their guerrilla war against Nicaragua's then dictatorship, bypassing Congress, which had prohibited Reagan from helping the Contras.

CIA Drug Running - Similar to above, the CIA assisted Nicaraguan cocaine producers in selling their cocaine to Americans (particularly in Los Angeles) as a way of funding the Contras by intentionally not going after the drug dealers.

The Federal Reserve Bank - The Federal Reserve Bank was originally sold as a central American bank, put in place to maintain economic stability by carefully manipulating the value of the US Dollar. In reality, however, the Federal Reserve was easily infiltrated by private interests and largely acts in the interests of specific banks and financial institutions at the expense of the American economy and by extension the world economy. Instead of preventing economic instability, it's largely responsible for economic instability caused for the specific purpose of moving wealth from the average person to the super-wealthy.

Not sure:

The Business Plot - Allegedly, in 1933 a group of super-wealthy captains of industry including the heads of Chase, GM, Goodyear, Standard Oil, and DuPont along with Prescott Bush attempted a failed military coup of the United States government aiming to install a fascist dictatorship. Unfortunately, this case relies almost entirely on the word of one man, Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler. While some of his accusations were verified, many couldn't be substantiated based on the available evidence.

Kennedy Assassination - This is probably the worst one of the lot because there's so much information/misinformation. In 1976, the United States House of Representatives created the Select Committee on Assassinations to investigate the assassinations of both President John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. The conclusion of this investigation was that the assassination of President Kennedy was almost certainly carried out by the mob and possibly had the involvement of the CIA. While we know there was a conspiracy to kill JFK, that the lone-gunman theory is incorrect, the details leading to what actually did happen are hidden, destroyed, or nearly impossible to confirm. We may never know precisely what lead to the assassination.

Shadow Government - This theory basically goes that the President and Congress are not really the dominant forces in determining the actions of the United States government. It varies from theorist to theorist, but the way I see it, it's possible that the United States government is being run almost completely by a group of international bankers and military contractors/war profiteers, and that due to campaign finance problems, there's little to nothing that Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court can do because they're far too influenced by corrupt monies. The extent to which these groups or this group has control over the US government is what me unsure, because while certainly there's a problem with corporate, banking and military contractor money in politics, it's hard to say how much influence they really have.

Bonk:

9/11 - The conspiracy is a bit different depending on who you ask, but the most common threads between the theories are that 9/11 was planned by a group of powerful neoconservatives in the government and military as a false flag operation to push the United States into war. Theories usually involve the Pentagon being hit by a missile or bomb, the WTC being destroyed with controlled demolition, and the real flights being rerouted to a secret landing place where the supposed hijacking victims were either put into witness protection or were killed. I'm afraid the evidence just doesn't excuse jumping to such a wild conclusion. While clearly the Bush Administration could have done a hell of a lot more to prevent 9/11 and while clearly the neoconservative chicken hawks took advantage of the situation, the amount of planning and organization that would have been required stretches plausibility beyond its breaking point. Perhaps there are unanswered questions around 9/11, but that alone proves little.

Moon Landing - The theory goes that the moon landing was faked as a way to cheaply one-up the Soviets in the space race. Unfortunately, the evidence just isn't there. I've seen the flag on the moon through a powerful telescope.

Modern Illuminati - Once upon a time, there was a fraternal society in Bavaria which was established as a haven for secularists, free thinkers, republicans (not the American political party), feminists, and liberals to promote a better way of societal organization. Legend has it that there was a plan at one point to create a world-wide revolution to overthrow most governments in favor of a society based on anti-clericalism, anti-monarchism, and anti-patriarchalism. Pretty damned cool, if you ask me. Eventually, the Illuminati was disbanded and destroyed, but many people use the term 'illuminati' to describe whatever vague, pseudo-religious one-world government theories they might have. Which is bollox. There's no evidence to suggest that the 200+ year old Illuminati still existing.

Vaccines - There's an insidious conspiracy which has been around for a few decades that vaccines are either an evil plot to blah blah blah or are causing Autism. There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever to substantiate these claims, and the result of the proliferation of these bonk theories is the damage of herd immunity.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

I don't think anything big can be covered up, the secrecy line will eventually be broken due to the natural human instinct to gossip.  I also don't accept something if there isn't a reason to and more often than not the conspiracy theory is much more extraordinary than the official story.

Or in short, I don't pay much attention to conspiracy theories.

fester30

Quote from: Whitney on July 16, 2011, 01:11:50 AM
I don't think anything big can be covered up, the secrecy line will eventually be broken due to the natural human instinct to gossip.  I also don't accept something if there isn't a reason to and more often than not the conspiracy theory is much more extraordinary than the official story.

Or in short, I don't pay much attention to conspiracy theories.

A big +1.  I have yet to see any actual evidence of anything but a lone gunman in the JFK assassination.  Once everything presented is debunked, the most common thing I hear is that the government covered up the evidence, which is convenient.  I don't think we're hiding evidence of ET or some 9/11 US government involvement.  I don't believe in ghosts or psychics.  I think we really did land on the moon.   Bin Laden is dead.  I just don't think it's possible to keep extraordinary things under wraps for too long.  Conspiracy theories like these are more extraordinary than a top secret stealth airplane under development.  Just like with watergate, real actual evidence would eventually come to light. 

palebluedot

A big +1.  I have yet to see any actual evidence of anything but a lone gunman in the JFK assassination.   
[/quote]

In this case, I'd say the evidence has definitely come to light - it really is compelling.  The only reason that the conspiracy (that is the Warren Report which excuses the CIA / Government) continues is denial by government top brass because of national security.   

I think Bush senior knows exactly what happened - he was aware beforehand!

OldGit

Quote from: palebluedot on July 15, 2011, 09:09:49 PM

You're being facetious, right?

I phrased that badly.   I don't doubt that Ruby killed Oswald, but I do doubt that he just strolled up and did it off his own bat.