News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Objects of Desire

Started by hermes2015, April 04, 2018, 07:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Maybe animal rights activists will hate me for this... :couchhide:

The masculine and feminine side of my brain talk to each other...

...Whenever I see these:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 04, 2018, 09:28:45 PM

...Whenever I see these:

Would robot fish work?
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/foAjXRT.gifv[/gifv]
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2018, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 04, 2018, 09:28:45 PM

...Whenever I see these:

Would robot fish work?
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/foAjXRT.gifv[/gifv]
:yes!:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2018, 09:15:27 PM
I'm guessing that the "objects" of desire in those first three are the clothes?
Some people say, "subjects act. Objects are acted upon." By that logic, it may well be them boobs and butts, upon which the clothes um... Act.  :grin:

oO(Are body parts technically objects? Like, genuinely. Are they? I don't think I've heard a serious argument either way)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on April 04, 2018, 09:08:15 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2018, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 04, 2018, 07:40:09 PM
Honestly hermes, I probably couldn't afford the knockoff. I do need a better chair though. Maybe I'll come across one in a junk store for cheap!

ETA: Hole E Chit! That's a six thousand dollar chair. You certainly have refined tastes.
And no children! LOL

Tank, that brings us to a part of my life I have not revealed so far at HAF. I have been debating with myself whether or not to reveal that I was married before. I have a wonderful daughter and an ex wife who is now unbelievably close to me - almost like the sister I never had. Perhaps one day I will tell more.
Hermes, I'm not shocked that you've been married and had a child, but I have so many more questions, but for now, I won't pry. I'm glad your ex-wife is close to you.
And just for the record, if I was ever in Johannesburg,  I would totally come visit your place! I imagine it to be enchanting and inspiring and elegant.  And I'd like to sit in your fancy chair  ;D

Dear Dragonia, thank you so much for your message. Not to sound too dramatic, but I could not see to type this for a few minutes - I was literally blinded by tears. Perhaps under this cold materialistic exterior there is a heart somewhere. Please feel free to ask anything you want to, because the only reason I've kept quiet about this was to have a less complicated persona at HAF. Perhaps it is good I came out now, because I am really quite a straightforward person. I just happen to like nice things and everything I have and do is for me to enjoy and not to show off to other people, so I hope I have not made the wrong impression in this thread.

Believe me, you would be very welcome to visit and drink some of the wines from my ex's cellar. She is a connoisseur and very generously shares her collection with me.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2018, 08:04:27 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2018, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 04, 2018, 07:40:09 PM
Honestly hermes, I probably couldn't afford the knockoff. I do need a better chair though. Maybe I'll come across one in a junk store for cheap!

ETA: Hole E Chit! That's a six thousand dollar chair. You certainly have refined tastes.
And no children! LOL

Tank, that brings us to a part of my life I have not revealed so far at HAF. I have been debating with myself whether or not to reveal that I was married before. I have a wonderful daughter and an ex wife who is now unbelievably close to me - almost like the sister I never had. Perhaps one day I will tell more.
I apologise for my assumption!

Thanks, Tank, but but you have nothing to apologise for. I chose not to say anything about that before, and you naturally assumed that I had never married or had children. I went against my true nature when I met my ex, because of a fantastically good intellectual match. She always says that I am the only man who never felt threatened by her.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

On a lighter note, here is a very sculptural object by Philippe Starck, manufactured by Alessi.

I display it as a small sculpture, but it is also a functional object.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2018, 04:53:58 AM
Hermes, I'm not shocked that you've been married and had a child, but I have so many more questions, but for now, I won't pry. I'm glad your ex-wife is close to you.
And just for the record, if I was ever in Johannesburg,  I would totally come visit your place! I imagine it to be enchanting and inspiring and elegant.  And I'd like to sit in your fancy chair  ;D

Dear Dragonia, thank you so much for your message. Not to sound too dramatic, but I could not see to type this for a few minutes - I was literally blinded by tears. Perhaps under this cold materialistic exterior there is a heart somewhere. Please feel free to ask anything you want to, because the only reason I've kept quiet about this was to have a less complicated persona at HAF. Perhaps it is good I came out now, because I am really quite a straightforward person. I just happen to like nice things and everything I have and do is for me to enjoy and not to show off to other people, so I hope I have not made the wrong impression in this thread.

Believe me, you would be very welcome to visit and drink some of the wines from my ex's cellar. She is a connoisseur and very generously shares her collection with me.
You two are beautiful and genuinely happy atheists.  :tellmemore:

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2018, 05:38:00 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2018, 04:53:58 AM

You two are beautiful and genuinely happy atheists.  :tellmemore:

:boaterhat: :love:
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2018, 05:37:06 AM
On a lighter note, here is a very sculptural object by Philippe Starck, manufactured by Alessi.
I know where that bubbly end goes!  :o

...An ORANGE, you perverts, you!  >:(

...Not THAT orange! Stop it. You STOP it, I tell you! *prudish emoticon*
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on April 05, 2018, 08:30:14 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2018, 05:37:06 AM
I know where that bubbly end goes!  :o

We'll just have to take your word for it! Is nothing sacred?
:snicker:
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2018, 09:45:05 AM
We'll just have to take your word for it! Is nothing sacred?
:snicker:
Sacred Gray Oranges are sacred. By definition, too - the BEST kind of Sacred.  >:( Because The LORD! And The Asmo! Who IS the LORD!  >:(

*biblethump emoticon* oO(Do we have one of those, by the way... *check* ...Doesn't seem so)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 04, 2018, 03:52:06 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 04, 2018, 02:46:20 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 04, 2018, 02:37:19 PM
How are you sinners ever going to get to heaven, burdened as you are with all this shit?
Mine has wheels and an engine... Duuh!  ;)

Hermes will be OK too, I think. We can race, have an accident... Go through the Gates™ in a rolling fireball of total automotive carnage.

Ye, I suppose No one could fit his packages in his ride too.

I'll make the salmon mouse, where is my recipe?
Was it a teaspoon or a tablespoon of botulitim?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 05, 2018, 04:53:58 AMI just happen to like nice things and everything I have and do is for me to enjoy and not to show off to other people, so I hope I have not made the wrong impression in this thread.

No wrong impression at all. There's nothing wrong with laying down five grand for a chair you like or art you appreciate. Hell, I'd do it myself if I could. We all like nice things and I've enjoyed seeing your stuff. At least you buy what you like and csn get use of. I know people who spend hundreds on a watch as a fashion accessory and can't read a dial clock. Then need to bump five dollars for smokes...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz