News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Which Conspiracy Theories do you Accept and Reject

Started by palebluedot, July 15, 2011, 01:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll god

This is what I think:

1-9/11 is made from NSA to attack Afghanistan & Iraq to steal oil and drugs to make Bush and his people(political buddies) richer.

2-Vaccines are fine, but modern viruses are made in laboratories to sell vaccines, pig flu, bird flu etc.

3-Moon landing was a Cold War propaganda, the man never been outside our planet.

4-ET life is a fake made by some people who just want to sell books(At least the one who pretend contacts between humans and ETs).

5-JFK was not killed by a White supremacist, nor by the Mafia. He was killed from the NSA because he was not a racist unlike all the previous presidents of the USA starting from G.Washington.

6-No masonry rules the USA or the World, but the USA and many other countries are ruled by rich men alone, ordinary people are not taken under consideration.

7-Princess Diana was killed from the MI6 by order of Philip of Edinburgh, because she wanted to marry a Muslim.

8-The Illuminati were real, now they're a bunch of fools.

9-And MOSTLY, the CIA runs the drug traffic. That is the only way to explain why using drugs is legal, but selling them is illegal.

10-Hamas and Fatah are controlled by Israel to get more territories and to kick away the Palestinians.

What I don't think are real:

1-Zionist supremacists who control the entire planet.

2-Hitler was an atheist.

3-God's real. ;D
IN INFERIS MELIUS EST REGNARE, QUAM IN COELIS SERVIRE!

Asmodean

Quote from: Troll god on October 29, 2011, 11:02:24 PM
1-9/11 is made from NSA to attack Afghanistan & Iraq to steal oil and drugs to make Bush and his people(political buddies) richer.
Reasonably debunked from multiple angles.

Quote2-Vaccines are fine, but modern viruses are made in laboratories to sell vaccines, pig flu, bird flu etc.
Pharmaceutical industry does not need to spend a fuckload of money making new viruses just to develop vaccines against them. There are enough to go around as is. This "theory" is completely baseless.

Quote3-Moon landing was a Cold War propaganda, the man never been outside our planet.
Thoroughly debunked. Moon landing conspiracies I know of are utter bullshit. All of them.

Quote4-ET life is a fake made by some people who just want to sell books(At least the one who pretend contacts between humans and ETs).
Eh..? The presence of extraterrestrial life is a hypothesis, not a fact.

Quote5-JFK was not killed by a White supremacist, nor by the Mafia. He was killed from the NSA because he was not a racist unlike all the previous presidents of the USA starting from G.Washington.
From what little I know, I'm pretty sure they got the right killer who was serving his own agenda.

Quote6-No masonry rules the USA or the World, but the USA and many other countries are ruled by rich men alone, ordinary people are not taken under consideration.
This isn't even a conspiracy theory, just a fact of life.

Quote7-Princess Diana was killed from the MI6 by order of Philip of Edinburgh, because she wanted to marry a Muslim.
No, her drunk ass boyfriend drove a car she was in into a pillar. It was a case of a sudden stop with no seatbelts.

Quote8-The Illuminati were real, now they're a bunch of fools.
Are you talking about Illuminati as in Dan Brown or the German order? The latter did exist, but no longer.

Quote9-And MOSTLY, the CIA runs the drug traffic. That is the only way to explain why using drugs is legal, but selling them is illegal.
Using drugs is not legal in my country. Who runs the drug trade here, you suppose..? Criminals looking for large sums of easy money, that's who, just like in the rest of the world. You give the CIA too much credit.

Quote10-Hamas and Fatah are controlled by Israel to get more territories and to kick away the Palestinians.
Although they sometimes may indirectly and most probably unwittingly serve the Israeli agenda, that claim is baseless and faulty.

QuoteWhat I don't think are real:

1-Zionist supremacists who control the entire planet.

2-Hitler was an atheist.

3-God's real. ;D
True enough. Is there a conspiracy theory stating Hitler was an atheist..? What's the conspiracy there?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Attila

Well argued and well stated Asmo. TG, who needs conspiracies, reality is shocking enough. Wasn't the Iraqi WMD story enough for you? Beats the shit out of any conspiracy theory I've ever heard. And Phil the Greek was/is too stupid to and too insignificant be involved in anything so nefarious and so complicated. The only interesting thing about Di princess of hearts was which of the two of them (her or Chuckie) was further off in cloud cuckoo land.

Thumpalumpacus

Conspiracies have happened and do happen in history.  Most conspiracy theories out today don't strike me as very tenable, except that concerning JFK.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Ecurb Noselrub

I think Thumpalumpacus is the best forum name I've encountered. It rolls rhythmically off the tongue.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 09, 2011, 09:17:41 PM
I think Thumpalumpacus is the best forum name I've encountered. It rolls rhythmically off the tongue.
...If only it did not include "Thump a lump"...

A lump might take it personally, y'know...
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2011, 09:25:37 PM
...If only it did not include "Thump a lump"...

A lump might take it personally, y'know...

Being a relative newcomer here, I must ask: how did you become so grumpy and lumpy?  If you don't mind my asking.

Asmodean

It is a title I myself have claimed to suit my avatar, which is... Well, both grumpy and lumpy, really.

And that avatar suits me well because often I find myself in the grumpiest of moods.

EDIT: Oh, and as for how I became that way... It's rather complicated. It is a combination of my personality, influlenced by the life I lived, my experiences and conclusions drawn thereof, my general attitude towards others (For instance, I never give respect freely - has to be earned), a combo of some personality disorders and similar abbreviated issues and... It's just how I like myself the best, at the end of the day. It's the only me I wish to see in a mirror.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2011, 09:33:53 PM
It is a title I myself have claimed to suit my avatar, which is... Well, both grumpy and lumpy, really.

And that avatar suits me well because often I find myself in the grumpiest of moods.

EDIT: Oh, and as for how I became that way... It's rather complicated. It is a combination of my personality, influlenced by the life I lived, my experiences and conclusions drawn thereof, my general attitude towards others (For instance, I never give respect freely - has to be earned), a combo of some personality disorders and similar abbreviated issues and... It's just how I like myself the best, at the end of the day. It's the only me I wish to see in a mirror.

Thanks for the explanation.  I'll try not to get on your grumpy side too much.  My own personality disorders sometimes create problems - without any effort on my part.

The Magic Pudding

It used to be fun when he became annoyed with philosophical trickery.

This should put things in perspective.
Upside down is a perspective you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeyUJx6nM3s

OldGit

Thumpalumpacus is nearly a thousand, and a fish.  (He knows what I mean!)  Glad you're back, Thumpalumpacus.

corgilover

My pet conspiracy is that the assassination of JFK was a partnership of the mob and the CIA. The mob, because they elected him into office but then JFK turned on them, allowing Bobby to prosecute them. The CIA, because JFK screwed up with Bay of Pigs.

Also, the shooter of Lee Harvey Oswald was terminally ill with cancer. The Mob could have promised to support his wife and children (if he had any), and he would have jumped to the moon if they'd asked.

fester30

Quote from: corgilover on January 12, 2012, 07:27:56 AM
My pet conspiracy is that the assassination of JFK was a partnership of the mob and the CIA. The mob, because they elected him into office but then JFK turned on them, allowing Bobby to prosecute them. The CIA, because JFK screwed up with Bay of Pigs.

Also, the shooter of Lee Harvey Oswald was terminally ill with cancer. The Mob could have promised to support his wife and children (if he had any), and he would have jumped to the moon if they'd asked.

I'm not fond of JFK conspiracy theories because there just isn't evidence to support.  However, at least this one doesn't deny Oswald being the shooter.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: fester30 on January 12, 2012, 11:17:22 PM
Quote from: corgilover on January 12, 2012, 07:27:56 AM

I'm not fond of JFK conspiracy theories because there just isn't evidence to support.  However, at least this one doesn't deny Oswald being the shooter.

Occam's Razor demands that Oswald acted alone. It's so simple.  No need to add anyone or anything else.

However, I do believe that the phrase "grassy knoll" is a conspiracy of unknown interests in the city of Dallas, Texas to promote tourism.  Do you know of any other "grassy knolls" in the world other than the insignificant little hillock on Dealey Plaza at the site of the assassination?  And do you know of any other word in any language that has "ass" twice in a row, other than "assassination" (or it's cousin "assassin")?   It has to be a conspiracy.